Now I can relate to people who play the lottery and buy raffle tickets.

• hapy1
  • 09-17-2010, 02:00 PM
I used to think people (including friends and family) who play the lottery were crazy. Spend $10 or whatever every week with hopes me the big win but all they ever get is a few bucks here and there, certainly not enough to cover their costs.

I used to visit our lovely providers semiregularly, at least every month or two and got the return I expected as many on here do, but for the last year approximately except for one visit, I've been playing the lottery instead.

A female friend of mine has re-emerged and I find myself irrationally in lust with her. We (both with SO's) go out semi frequently and have fun, even at strip clubs sometimes...but she's not interested in (or maybe not willing to?) escalating our activities. Still, tempted by winning a peck here and a feel there, I persist with hope of the jackpot.

It's so weird to consciously make poor decisions and not look to change

Not sure what my point is, but sorry ladies, an unintentional provider has me caught up in the ultimate tease and keeps the hobby fund low. Time to go buy some lottery tickets this weekend.
Oh I understand your point exactly .

The "product" we're getting when we buy lottery tickets is the pleasure of anticipation and daydreaming of how you would spend the money.

Your longing for this woman is the same thing: You're "purchasing" the chance to hope. (purchasing with your time and possibly the boredom of putting up with her husband's idiocy or whatever else these outings entail).

oh, also the money goes to education. So buying tickets is an (inefficient) way to donate to a good cause.
Hell with that!

I'm buying lottery tickets as proper planning for my retirement!!
Hell with that!

I'm buying lottery tickets as proper planning for my retirement!! Originally Posted by LazurusLong
Which lottery will you be playing? One of the many games at the TX Lottery or the litigation lottery? Your odds are probably better with the litigation type. However, your attorney will probably make out better than you after the years of waiting for a settlement or judicial decision.
oh, also the money goes to education. So buying tickets is an (inefficient) way to donate to a good cause. Originally Posted by HoneyRose

FYI, All lottery money goes into the states general fund. They quitely changed that years ago.
I love scratch offs. I like playing the new cowboys football ones.
Can you imagine the general fund bonanza that a Tara Evans scratch-off would generate? I'd be broke but the Texas budget would be balanced!