Western PA - Best Pizza Places

.... G'day You-inzers,

... O'solo-me-o... Once again - yet another segment
of the Best pizza a-round the area.

Is Mineo's STILL the Best??

### Salty
  • Devo
  • 08-01-2022, 05:59 PM
This has always been a problematic question for me, one, because I have never found a place that was good enough to call the best, I have favorites, but, they aren't always the best pizza, but, the way its prepared just makes it work.

We have a local joint that makes a big 16 cut, square, it hasn't changed since I was young, sauce, cheese, canned mushrooms onions and a very thin slice of green pepper on each slice, lots of cheese too.

None of individual components is really special, but together, it works, like a comfort food, I've had it sober, drunk, etc, but everytime I enjoy it.
... Hmmmm... That's a good point... Unless I'm at a preferred
place - such as Mineo's - I'd rather have square cuts.

#### Salty
  • ottog
  • 08-02-2022, 12:03 AM
A Slice of New York is now at the top of the list. 40 min drive east from town and worth the effort.

RockAway Pizza is second.

Destroys the current local favorites with ease. And I love Mineo’s and Beto’s
I am a fan of Aiello's. Where is a Slice of New York?
I'd like to try that. Looks like Westmoreland County: https://asliceofnewyorkpizzeria.com/
I have been told that it is not as good as led to believe. Also, he makes so many pizza shells per day, when they are gone, that's it. Sounds like ya have to call ahead and reserve your pie. Minneos, Aiellos or Mandys for me.
... Surely forgot about Beto's... Good cold cheese on top.
Jut like the DiCarlo sisters. ... But Beto's got MORE cheese!

#### Salty
Bellesario’s, a small shop tucked into a strip mall in West Mifflin, is terrific. I can’t get it home hot from there, but stop and grab the 4 slice mini and eat it there if I’m the area.

https://bellisario-shop.edan.io/?utm...edium=referral
Police station pizza in ambridge. If its still open
Police station is good and unique.
Aiellos is good
Vincent’s is good
Casa del sole is good
Rocafellas is good
Mineos is good
Iron Born in the Strip (Detroit Style) and Driftwood Oven (Sourdough crust) in Lawrenceville are both good options for something other than a standard pie. If you have special dietary needs, Mandy's in West View or Spak Brothers in Garfield. If you like it greasy, there's always Vincent's in Forest Hills.
Greasy is a fucking understatement �� You need a loaf of bread to sop up the roni grease.
  • Devo
  • 08-02-2022, 01:00 PM
Greasy is a fucking understatement �� You need a loaf of bread to sop up the roni grease. Originally Posted by pittlicker
The trick is to pre nuke the pepperoni, and melt some of the grease out before it goes on the pizza, a technique I use when making "Pizzagna".

A lasagna made with pizza sauce, mushrooms, onions, and pepperoni, and of course multiple cheeses.
Does Vincent still cook at Vincents?