New gun buyers hurrying in to "get theirs"...

...are all a bunch of weak-willed pansies in my book. Thanks for driving up the prices of goddamned everything, shitheads. You should've exercised your 2nd amendment rights long before this and now I can't find a fucking P-Mag for less than 30 bucks, .223 has vanished and there's nothing but fucking noobs at the range. If I have to explain to one more idiot down at ASC why their brand new AR-15 needs to have the rear-sight up to shoot accurately, I'm gonna puke.

I don't like being the grumpy old fuck, but this is fucking ridiculous. The ban hasn't even passed, geniuses! And it isn't likely to pass either. Calm the fuck down.
Here here. I agree whole heartedly. I remember the last stupid assault weapons ban. You could still buy everything you wanted. Might not have a bayonet lug, and a muzzle brake instead of a flash hider but who cares? Everything was still plentiful and cheap. Just like it will if/after another ban passes.
Try and find some reasonably priced 9mm ammo on the net. Almost impossible.
Why DO you need to have a rear sight anyway if the gun is pointed forward? J/K I know why but a lot of newcomers don't.
...are all a bunch of weak-willed pansies in my book. Thanks for driving up the prices of goddamned everything, shitheads. You should've exercised your 2nd amendment rights long before this and now I can't find a fucking P-Mag for less than 30 bucks, .223 has vanished and there's nothing but fucking noobs at the range. If I have to explain to one more idiot down at ASC why their brand new AR-15 needs to have the rear-sight up to shoot accurately, I'm gonna puke.

I don't like being the grumpy old fuck, but this is fucking ridiculous. The ban hasn't even passed, geniuses! And it isn't likely to pass either. Calm the fuck down. Originally Posted by enderwiggin
I totally agree, Enderwiggin. I work at a gun store and them people keep thinking that a gun ban is imminent. My job is to sell guns, I'm a part time salesman, and it is sad when gun store owners keep jacking up them prices.
5.56 @ 1 dollar a shell...........heh
You amateurs need to learn to reload. Like me.
  • Seedy
  • 01-30-2013, 05:30 PM
You amateurs need to learn to reload. Like me. Originally Posted by macksback
And if your carefull, and pay attention to what your doing, do a better job.
9mm?? 5.56mm?? Amateurs...try finding 250gr BTHP .338 Lapua Magnum...took eight weeks to get them in stock at cheaperthandirt...went to GRB on Saturday, sold out everywhere within the first hour...

Finally got a case yesterday...
Hooray for the free market!

Seriously, I don't fault sellers for jacking up their prices when they have plenty of people who will buy them at those prices.
9mm?? 5.56mm?? Amateurs...try finding 250gr BTHP .338 Lapua Magnum...took eight weeks to get them in stock at cheaperthandirt...went to GRB on Saturday, sold out everywhere within the first hour...

Finally got a case yesterday... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Now what do you need a long range sniper round like the .338 Lapua for ?

Academy still has great prices on there handguns and Shotguns but they sell out quickly .It's best to ask salesman when they're getting in new shipment of guns and be there .

As far as 9mm ammo they have been sold out for months Gander Mountain Also but did see some 40.S&W ball ammo 40$ 100 rounds .

If your pistol can handle it I saw some 9mm+p and 9mm+p+ at Buffalo Bore website .They have some 357.mag and 40.S&W there also .

I stocked up on 9mm rounds long time ago
  • Trey
  • 01-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Make money I say. When it's all over the hillbilly that couldn't afford the damn thing in the first place will have to sell it, along with the guy that thinks his overpriced gun will go up in value as its banned. It would be funny if all this talk of a ban does in the end is put more guns on the market at a lower price.
I'm all for the frenzied buying. After all many of the guns and most of the ammo is made here in the good ole USA.

Make money I say. When it's all over the hillbilly that couldn't afford the damn thing in the first place will have to sell it, along with the guy that thinks his overpriced gun will go up in value as its banned. It would be funny if all this talk of a ban does in the end is put more guns on the market at a lower price. Originally Posted by trey
What he said.

I don't shoot at a public range, I shoot on my own place, but can imagine all the newbies have to be irritating. It is a good thing to see more people exercising their rights though. A progressive loader, lots of powder and primers is the antidote for the pricing stupidity.
I see a lot of compact pistols and sub-compact pistols being bought .
A lot of 9mm handguns being bought so hopes for 9mm ammo for that new pistol may be a while until you go shoot it .