Do You Hear The People Sing?

A song for true Patriots everywhere!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFuKZphy200

It is ironic that we can be inspired to feel patriotic by the French.
Brave Frenchmen have been hard to find, but when you find one, you've got something. Definitely a minority, but not non-existent.
We have a weird history with the French. If they hadn't assisted us with money and military support in the Revolutionary War we might not have a country. Their economic assistance in our war for independence increased their already huge national debt and helped to cause the French Revolution. Helping the United States essentially got Louis XVI beheaded. The success of our revolution may well have triggered the French Revolution.
It is a play written by Englishmen and performed by actors from around the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPpkTgMbhRU
It is a play written by Englishmen and performed by actors from around the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPpkTgMbhRU Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

I don't get it. It's based on Victor Hugos' book, a Frenchman, with music and lyrics by, Schonberg and Boublil, also French. Other than doing translation who are the Englishmen?

I bet North Korea will never do a production of Les Mis. They're not big on freedom.
  • CJ7
  • 12-27-2012, 03:08 PM
We have a weird history with the French. If they hadn't assisted us with money and military support in the Revolutionary War we might not have a country. Their economic assistance in our war for independence increased their already huge national debt and helped to cause the French Revolution. Helping the United States essentially got Louis XVI beheaded. The success of our revolution may well have triggered the French Revolution. Originally Posted by joe bloe

Their economic assistance in our war for independence increased their already huge national debt and helped to cause the French Revolution

I knew it .. Republicans to the bone.
So now you are opposed to the Revolution? I knew it.
No, he is opposed to freedom.

A correction; we have a Tunisian, a Frenchman, and a South African (English) involved in creating this musical.
I don't get it. It's based on Victor Hugos' book, a Frenchman, with music and lyrics by, Schonberg and Boublil, also French. Other than doing translation who are the Englishmen?

I bet North Korea will never do a production of Les Mis. They're not big on freedom. Originally Posted by joe bloe
What? The version of Les Mis originally written, produced, directed and starring Kim Jong Il that I saw was fantastic! What a voice and screen presence!
  • WTF
  • 12-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Good Lord, had I known all I had to do to get you Tinker Bells' to STFU with this sky is falling crap 24/7, was to trot out some gay musical number, I would have done it years ago!

No, he is opposed to freedom.

A correction; we have a Tunisian, a Frenchman, and a South African (English) involved in creating this musical. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
So you're saying that even though Boublil spent most of his life in France, because he was born in Tunisia, that makes him Tunisian? That's just crazy; by that logic, Obama would be a Kenyan. OK, nevermind.
Good Lord, had I known all I had to do to get you Tinker Bells' to STFU with this sky is falling crap 24/7, was to trot out some gay musical number, I would have done it years ago!

Originally Posted by WTF
Now that's funny!
What? The version of Les Mis originally written, produced, directed and starring Kim Jong Il that I saw was fantastic! What a voice and screen presence! Originally Posted by gnadfly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEaKX9YYHiQ
  • CJ7
  • 12-28-2012, 11:42 AM
So now you are opposed to the Revolution? I knew it. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

JD & COF, twin idiots ... who knew?

nope shitstick, Im opposed to governments bankrupting their country in a quest for independence, in our case, some third world anti american muslim shithole that doesnt have enough balls to it themselves