Government Spying - Outrageous!!!

Here's a little sumpin'-sumpin' from Faux Noise regarding the US Government spying on its citizens. I want to hear the outrage from our Teawipe friends regarding this.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ttle-on-death/

No? Bueller? Bueller?
But the files, which previously had been heavily redacted, do not contain any new information about Monroe's death 50 years ago. Letters and news clippings included in the file show the bureau was aware of theories the actress had been killed, but they do not show that any effort was undertaken to investigate the claims. Los Angeles authorities concluded Monroe's death was a probable suicide.

Really more like

• CJ7
  • 12-28-2012, 12:56 PM
whatever ...

one things fer sure, nobody can blame JFK for tappin' dat azz
BTW, new info on her death (or the lack thereof) will always be a non-starter. I was referring to the FBI keeping a file on her and her "subversive" associations.

So, if I'm to take Boom-Chica-Bow-Wow's reply as the "official" Teawipe response, there's nothing wrong with the FBI keeping a file on MM and her "communist" associations? Cool. Let's then stop the b.s. about how terrible it is for "the government" keeping tabs on anyone that someone, somewhere thinks may be keeping "subversive" company.
J Edgar Hoover's FBI kept tabs on everybody. He'd be thrilled with today's technology. It was wrong then, just as it is now.
  • CJ7
  • 12-28-2012, 04:04 PM
J Edgar Hoover's FBI kept tabs on everybody. He'd be thrilled with today's technology. It was wrong then, just as it is now. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
said info does more good than harm
If the info is obtained Constitutionally, no problem. But J Edgar was a law unto himself, answerable to no one, due to much illegally obtained info. That should not happen in America. Not then, not now.
  • Old-T
  • 12-28-2012, 05:55 PM
If the info is obtained Constitutionally, no problem. But J Edgar was a law unto himself, answerable to no one, due to much illegally obtained info. That should not happen in America. Not then, not now. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I agree it should not happen. Sadly, though, it does.
In any bureaucracy some intelligent, power hungry, and often corrupt people use the rules—along with less scrupulous means—to consolidate more power than was ever intended to be in their formal position. Often it is the person in the right place at the right time—who can also work the PR machine (I don’t mean the public PR, but the “organizational” PR). Once they reach a certain self-sustaining power base--often including a number of their protégés in key positions—they become almost untouchable.
Hoover was one, but in many ways an anomaly. Unlike most he was in the public eye as well. Almost every Department has them, of every political persuasion, and most are completely unknown to the vast majority of the public. But they are known, and feared, inside.
The most powerful man in the Air Force retired just recently, and I would bet no one outside of DC knows or would recognize his name.
BTW, new info on her death (or the lack thereof) will always be a non-starter. I was referring to the FBI keeping a file on her and her "subversive" associations.

So, if I'm to take Boom-Chica-Bow-Wow's reply as the "official" Teawipe response, there's nothing wrong with the FBI keeping a file on MM and her "communist" associations? Cool. Let's then stop the b.s. about how terrible it is for "the government" keeping tabs on anyone that someone, somewhere thinks may be keeping "subversive" company. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
Official Teawipe response? You aren't reading my posts closely enough.

J Edgar Hoover's FBI kept tabs on everybody. He'd be thrilled with today's technology. It was wrong then, just as it is now. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
That covers my thoughts as well.
"Four years ago, in the midst of the 2008 Democratic presidential primary, an identical version of the bill was the subject of a highly contentious debate in the Senate. Obama and others argued then that Bush's program went too far in violating Americans' privacy. This year, with a supportive Obama in the Oval Office and the media focus on the fiscal cliff, the bill was renewed with much less attention. . . .

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee warned that even public revelations about the program could have dangerous reverberations."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2376039.html
typical post from IBSyndrome... Odds are that you will repeat as DIPSHIT of the YEAR.

typical post from IBSyndrome... Odds are that you will repeat as DIPSHIT of the YEAR.

Assup mixes it up with his "playmate".

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Assup is the jackass of all time!!!
HA HA HA!
HA HA HA!

Assup mixes it up with his "playmate".

/ You're a fucked-up creature, Assup the jackass!
WHO GIVES A SHIT? Oops! I guess in your case it DEPENDS!