What is your favorite to Grill with?

Propane

Vs

Charcoal
For ease propane for more complicated flavors and purism, charcoal
ditto

there is nothing better than a steak seared by the flames "just right"!
I got a pellet wood smoker/grill a couple years ago and use it year round. Several different woods to choose from, apple, mesquite, oak, hickory, cherry, maple, alder, and several others. Any meat is good on it but a couple special things that are great smoked is bacon and pizza. Wish I could share some of my smoked cooking with all of you.
I like to use a spiicy butt rub on my steaks!
Nothing better that rubbing all over a nice butt. Massaging in some spice so you know it is going to turn jucy and hot. I love to cook with bone in, how about you?
lol!

a little butt rub makes everything worth eating!

http://www.buttrub.com/
LOL what....the fuck
lol!

a little butt rub makes everything worth eating!

http://www.buttrub.com/ Originally Posted by DallasRain

I think Dallas is referring to a blend of spices that are "rubbed" onto the selected meat....however,this is Dallas and one just never knows what she is going to rub on where!!!! LMAO
I think Dallas is referring to a blend of spices that are "rubbed" onto the selected meat....however,this is Dallas and one just never knows what she is going to rub on where!!!! LMAO Originally Posted by Murf76

I was thinking with my stomach when i wrote that....lol....but now that ya mention it,hmmmmmmmmm!!
Propane

Vs

Charcoal Originally Posted by Destiny Monroe
What do you prefer Destiny? and what do you grill?
I use Charcoal but I am switching very soon.

I grill steaks, pork chops, burgers, brats, and chicken
What do you prefer Destiny? and what do you grill? Originally Posted by buzzworm86
How about you buzzworm??
charcoal better if you cooking for long times but for me i like gas cause it faster
I am a member of the KCBS (kansas city BBQ society) and consider myself a grill master. So here is the best way to fix a steak. First and most imnportant is buy good meat. Most grocery stores sell crap. Find a local meat market. More expensive, but usually sell high quality, aged beef. If you buy sirloin, WTF, this is a waste of time. Best cut for flavor is rib eye.

Let the steak sit out until it is room temperature. NEVER USE LIGHTER FLUID get a chimney. Much better than charcoal is the hardwood lump charcoal. I don't like a lot of seasoning on my steak. Liberal salt and pepper, cause I braze with butter while I cook. For a good 1-1.5 inch steak, sear on very hot fire for 90 seconds on each side, coat with butter as you turn. I freeze a stick so it is easier to apply- this gets it to rare. If you can, move the coals way down, another 2 minutes on each side on lower heat will get you to Med.

Another secret is to let the steak sit for 3-5 minutes before you cut it. this gives time to reabsorb the juices and make the steak much more tender;