Just following the science....

More than 50 college football games were played Saturday in packed stadiums across America, and it was beautiful.

The fear mongering mob telling people to stay inside forever lost, and they lost in a big way.

Covid is real, our government’s response to it is a total farce.
According to this chart: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...nty-worldwide/

Sweden's vaccination rate and Israel's vaccination rate are both about 67%.
  • Tiny
  • 09-06-2021, 05:14 PM
That's great! Looks like the vaccines may be delivering the knock out punch in Sweden!
  • oeb11
  • 09-06-2021, 05:19 PM
Preaching to the DPST party ??
Their 'science' - is what fiden handlers want - and they dictate to fauci what to Lie about on Xinn.

After all -

fiden decide who be 'Black' - and what is teh 'Science'

It is all mutable to teh narrative of teh DPST communist Party.
That's great! Looks like the vaccines may be delivering the knock out punch in Sweden! Originally Posted by Tiny
But what is going on in Israel??

Both countries have about the same population and vaccination rates.

The only obvious difference is land area, but we know as Americans that having a lot of secluded land area doesn't necessarily inhibit the spread of the virus.
That's great! Looks like the vaccines may be delivering the knock out punch in Sweden! Originally Posted by Tiny
Move to Sweden. You can survive without being “connected”!!!!!
  • Tiny
  • 09-06-2021, 06:09 PM
But what is going on in Israel??

Both countries have about the same population and vaccination rates.

The only obvious difference is land area, but we know as Americans that having a lot of secluded land area doesn't necessarily inhibit the spread of the virus. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
Possible reasons for the difference --

This time of year people in Israel may be spending more time indoors than people in Sweden. (It's hotter outside in Israel, so perhaps people want to stay indoors with A/C, and comparatively more comfortable outside in Sweden.) The virus spreads easier indoors.

Sweden in addition to immunity from vaccinations has more immunity from infection. Unfortunately that was at a cost -- COVID deaths per capita in Sweden are about 80% higher than Israel

You posted they have roughly equal percentages of the population vaccinated. If Sweden though has a higher percentage of its old people vaccinated and a lower % of its younger people vaccinated than Israel, then Israel isn't protected as well from COVID deaths. That's because deaths among the old are orders of magnitude higher than deaths among the young. I have no idea if this is the case though.

Israel started vaccinating earlier than other countries, including Sweden, and used the Pfizer vaccine, which doesn't appear to offer as durable immunity as Moderna and perhaps some other vaccines. People in Sweden on average were vaccinated later, and the country used a number of vaccines including Moderna. This is why Israel is pushing Pfizer booster shots - the Pfizer immunity from the first two shots is wearing off in Israel.
the pfizer ceo said immunity is "good" after 6 months, but other sources claim that it's not. So this is going to be a shot people have to take every 4 months because it's super effective??
  • Tiny
  • 09-06-2021, 06:19 PM
the pfizer ceo said immunity is "good" after 6 months, but other sources claim that it's not. So this is going to be a shot people have to take every 4 months because it's super effective?? Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
I'm not sure about that. I think they're hoping that after the 3rd shot, antibody levels will stay up at a decent level longer than they did after the 2nd shot. If you do about 10 minutes research though you'll know better than I do.
I don't think anyone knows at this point.

According to the CEO of pfizer, the protection offered by the two shots after 6 months is "good."
  • Tiny
  • 09-06-2021, 06:33 PM
I don't think anyone knows at this point.

According to the CEO of pfizer, the protection offered by the two shots after 6 months is "good." Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
This sounds like antibody levels after the 3rd shot are higher than after the 2nd shot. The question would be how long after the 2nd shot? Are they comparing 2 week after the 2nd shot to 2 weeks after the 3rd shot for example? Or 7 months after the 2nd shot to 2 weeks after the 3rd shot?

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...al-data-us-fda
I'm not sure about that. I think they're hoping that after the 3rd shot, antibody levels will stay up at a decent level longer than they did after the 2nd shot. If you do about 10 minutes research though you'll know better than I do. Originally Posted by Tiny
“HOPING”!!!!!!! How scientific. thanks
  • oeb11
  • 09-07-2021, 08:36 AM
I'm not sure about that. I think they're hoping that after the 3rd shot, antibody levels will stay up at a decent level longer than they did after the 2nd shot. If you do about 10 minutes research though you'll know better than I do. Originally Posted by Tiny

As you accurately wrote - 'Hoping', Tiny
this virus mutates rapidly - and by the time we get a vaccine adjustment - it is already a new variant
Just as Influenza A.

We are chasing our tails trying for a vaccine 'Cure".

Not any more than we can cure the Common coronavirus cold - can we 'cure' this as we did for polio, and almost did for smallpox.
60 minutes did an interesting report on the 1918 Spanish Flu virus. They tracked down as many survivors as they could find and low and behold, over 100 years later, antibodies to the Spanish Flu could still be found in the survivors.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...after-90-years

Flu survivors still immune after 90 years