Fishing...

I know some of my fellow hobbyist enjoy fishing also (saltwater).Made my first trip down south to Grand Isle this weekend,didn't catch many (had barely any tide flow) but talked to a few others and they've been catching their limit on several outings over the last couple weeks of some nice specks mostly on live bait (shrimp and cocahoe minnows) in the bay.
No one caught this weekend inland...had a few guys went about 30 miles out in the Gulf and came in with some nice red snapper,so I'm looking forward to catching some specks this summer...so my money is going to have to be divided between hobbying and fishing,matter of fact before I left Friday,found a damn good b&g provider and saw her for about 20 minutes and got a little something to carry me thru the weekend lol
I had some friends that went down there for some night fishing just in the surf. They said they were catching (it was like 2 years ago and I am not a fisherman) so I forget what type it was. But they said they were throwing out their rigs without any bait and they were catching...whatever it was. I know they came back with a cooler full of what to my untrained eye looked like....fish, lol.

Been wanting to get down there to try Louisiana fishing. Where I come from you wait a day and get a few bites, but it sounds like down here.....it is a lot more interesting.
Im more interested in the B&G. Who, bbbj, cim,nqbs,nqns? We need some details?
  • lat
  • 06-02-2013, 06:53 PM
I know some of my fellow hobbyist enjoy fishing also (saltwater).Made my first trip down south to Grand Isle this weekend,didn't catch many (had barely any tide flow) but talked to a few others and they've been catching their limit on several outings over the last couple weeks of some nice specks mostly on live bait (shrimp and cocahoe minnows) in the bay.
No one caught this weekend inland...had a few guys went about 30 miles out in the Gulf and came in with some nice red snapper,so I'm looking forward to catching some specks this summer...so my money is going to have to be divided between hobbying and fishing,matter of fact before I left Friday,found a damn good b&g provider and saw her for about 20 minutes and got a little something to carry me thru the weekend lol Originally Posted by TiCobra
Hey if you ever want to go offshore I go regular, I could go more if I would stop this hobby shit ! I should have went this weekend instead of blowing my money !
But anyway shoot me a PM I have an 27 ft. Robalo CC with twin Mercury 225's
Hey if you ever want to go offshore I go regular, I could go more if I would stop this hobby shit ! I should have went this weekend instead of blowing my money !
But anyway shoot me a PM I have an 27 ft. Robalo CC with twin Mercury 225's Originally Posted by lat
will do lat..thanks! Sounds like an awesome rig you have there! I am surely gonna have to start being a little more picky on how I spend my money if I want to do some fishing this summer.
I haven't been out in a couple of years. Ever since my old roommate sold his boat. I loved going fishing for reds & specks. Went out for tuna once, but only got one, but had a blast catching wahoo that day.
Ummmm fishing or getting your cock sucked?? What a choice boys....maybe find ya a gal that enjoys both and then a win win..........Slurp!!

LOL And no not me, I would go crazy sitting in a boat hours on in, Id have to be jumping in the water naked and scaring the fish or down on me knees slurp to keep me busy, so either way not much fishing going on...........Butt enjoy and Im game for some fresh fish when Im back your way TiC............
  • lat
  • 06-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Ummmm fishing or getting your cock sucked?? What a choice boys....maybe find ya a gal that enjoys both and then a win win..........Slurp!!

LOL And no not me, I would go crazy sitting in a boat hours on in, Id have to be jumping in the water naked and scaring the fish or down on me knees slurp to keep me busy, so either way not much fishing going on...........Butt enjoy and Im game for some fresh fish when Im back your way TiC............ Originally Posted by Ms. Athena
Been there done that ! Before I knew anything about this hobby site I use to have a walk around cabin one of my buddy knew the owner of the strip club off stump on the West Bank he paid for two girls to go out with us that weekend we had a blast and caught yellowfins
  • lat
  • 06-02-2013, 11:48 PM
I haven't been out in a couple of years. Ever since my old roommate sold his boat. I loved going fishing for reds & specks. Went out for tuna once, but only got one, but had a blast catching wahoo that day. Originally Posted by eholiday
Holiday chasing yellowfin and wahoo the only other thing that gets me hard as Chinese arithmetic is the sound of my Shimano 50 screaming !
Been there done that ! Before I knew anything about this hobby site I use to have a walk around cabin one of my buddy knew the owner of the strip club off stump on the West Bank he paid for two girls to go out with us that weekend we had a blast and caught yellowfins Originally Posted by lat
Sounds like a ton of fun.

I'd love it if I could afford to have a boat big enough to go out deep water fishing, and be able to afford to keep fuel in the damn thing. Hell, I just priced out a 30" Robalo and cost more than my house. And that was before even getting to the bells and whistles! If I was going to buy a fishing boat, I would have to be able to sleep on it, out of the sun, and have a shower and decent head. (not the kind of head that Ms. Athena is taking about) :P

Think I need a better paying job! Or hit big on the lottery lol.
  • lat
  • 06-03-2013, 12:47 AM
Sounds like a ton of fun.

I'd love it if I could afford to have a boat big enough to go out deep water fishing, and be able to afford to keep fuel in the damn thing. Hell, I just priced out a 30" Robalo and cost more than my house. And that was before even getting to the bells and whistles! If I was going to buy a fishing boat, I would have to be able to sleep on it, out of the sun, and have a shower and decent head. (not the kind of head that Ms. Athena is taking about) :P

Think I need a better paying job! Or hit big on the lottery lol. Originally Posted by eholiday
Holiday I started out small my dad always had a boat when I was a kid I use to watch those big boats pass us by I always told myself I will have one !
I bought my first boat an 18ft angler with a 115 mariner on it. I sold it I bought a 21ft Hydrasport with a 200 Johnson ,then a robalo 2440 with twin 200 well that one I had a bad accident in it so I bought this one I have now .
Grade Isle and hobbying.....largest collection of providers in one town is during the Grande Isle Fishing Rodeo. Rumor has it someone brings his boat down sometimes for the rodeo and replaces the fighting chair with a stripper pole. Of course that is as fictional as all other activities written about on here...

Now one thing that would be a much cheaper fishing trip that would allow for hobbying while fishing would be to head to the camp South of Lake Charles to drink some fictional adult beverages, grill some steaks, boil crabs(kills them little itchy bastards quick), catch reds with a flounder and spec every now and then, and do a talent search in Lake Charles when not fishing!

That would be a testostorone escape weekend, once again I heard someone on here might have fictitiously done this before.

Lat a Robalo is the Cadillac of CC's and I'm with you that there is nothing that gives an adrenalin rush like a screamin reel. Only thing better than a screaming 50 is a 80 or 130 smoking with The Man in the Blue Suit greyhounding with the Detroit's pouring black diesel smoke out the stern while chasing him down!

Now another fictional trip is to Costa Rica. You pretty much have to fish out of Los Suenos now since the talent has congregated around the billfish dollars there. Best fishing is closer to Flamingo but can be a dry trip unless one bring his own "provisions". The rest of the story if no one has been-The Blue Marlin Bar! Do not go to BMB before fishing the first day, A trip there will make anyone's view of the 777 change forever. They are all Costa Ricans but you would never think that number of beautiful women with rocking bodies could come out of the little jungle island!!!! Does it get better, YES. No negotiating just a Benjamin and you are off with your chosen jungle beauty. Finished, sit around and hydrate while talking to the ladies while figuring who will get your next Benjamin.

Why did I say do not go to BMB before making your first fishing trip there? Because it has been said guys ate known to go BMB first then spend their $1200/daily charter fee at BMB and never experience the excellent fishing. I have also heard you can not make it through experiencing each provider, if you can than you are now crowned the Fucking King!
Sounds like a very nice dream story La Man. Costa Rica is on my list of places to visit.

Lat, I grew up in central Alabama, only pond & creek fishing for me till I was in my teens. Didn't ever get into anything bigger than a pirogue before I was in my 30's. So in that way I envy you Louisiana born and raised guys.
We used to go out of Foruchon with Tomeny and always had a blast. The last trip we had scheduled was in July during the Golden Meadow rodeo, thanks to BP that was cancelled. We would go out to the rigs limit out on snapper, cobia, mackerel, amberjack, etc. and be back in port by 4. Tomeny had 3 60' with AC cabin and sleeping quarters for the trip back. I called him to try and set something up this year and it looks like the Feds have the seasons all screwed up. eg. Red Snapper is from June1 - June 24. I'm surprised they didn't lower the limit to one. Anyways we would go down the night before and stay in the cabins dock side bbq and drink get up around 4 and go fish.

LAman. Ive been to the Gringo Gulch many times but have yet to venture out for some fishing. I've heard Jaco & Tamarindo are great. I've also heard the Ticas love to come along and play with your pole while you fish, drink, and enjoy the view. One of these days I'll have to go back and be sure to schedule some time away from SJ.
Sounds like we got quite a few hobbyist and fisherman.I like the idea of a group of providers heading to the island for the Tarpon Rodeo.I'm gonna be off and on here for a few days till I get a new computer,mine decided to slide out of my lap the other night while I was watching the LSU Baseball game online,hey it was time for a new one anyways lol