For the car guys

Fuel consumption for top-fuel dragsters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGTbQuhhluY
Fuel consumption of ONE CYLINDER out of eight...

Then again, that's not gasoline either...90% nitromethane if I remember correct, I think the rest is alcohol or methanol.
Hey, Wakeup,
Do you know what BANNED provider would have really liked this thread?
Hey, Wakeup,
Do you know what BANNED provider would have really liked this thread? Originally Posted by boardman
Although I cringe to ask...no, who?
C'mon, really?

Hot rod chick? Maaco?

Fuck it, It's not that funny if I have to explain it. Actually it wasn't very funny at all.
Never mind.....
C'mon, really?

Hot rod chick? Maaco?

Fuck it, It's not that funny if I have to explain it. Actually it wasn't very funny at all.
Never mind..... Originally Posted by boardman
Okay, I was expecting a food (fuel) consumption comment...but we were going to the same place...
Please post on topic or don't post.
  • bbkid
  • 01-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Thanks tb2u. Being a drag racer, I thought that vid was pretty cool.

Oh, and boardman, I knew who you were talking about..... tff.
Fuel consumption of ONE CYLINDER out of eight...

Then again, that's not gasoline either...90% nitromethane if I remember correct, I think the rest is alcohol or methanol. Originally Posted by Wakeuр
I used to go to the nationals in Baytown every year. I remember when they switched from 100% to 90% because the speeds were getting "too fast". The drivers were having a terrible time adjusting to the new mix and nearly every qualifying and elimination race was won at the starting line. Either a red light or bad starts by one of the drivers. It was almost painful to watch and I actually haven't been back to watch them since.(not totally because of that).
They finally got used to it and the speeds are higher than ever now I guess.
While it's awesome to be standing there at the starting line when those fuckers go off, I was always more of a Pro Stock fan. I kinda liked the idea of doing it with gasoline and shifting gears. WJ is, was and will always be "the man"
Please post on topic or don't post. Originally Posted by SP Hunter

Did you ever see the movie Amadeus?

If you have never had the pleasure of standing next to a AA Fueler at idle, then feeling the gates of hell open when the driver hits the like button, then you sir may not clearly grasp what is and isn't on topic. I've never been lucky enough to pilot a fuel dragster, but did get to ride back seat in an F4.

The sensual overload of just being at the line when a fueler launches, you can't breathe, the sound waves are doing things to your guts are so strong that it resembles a bar fight and your eyes are watering worse than in the Marine CS gas cambers. It is completely beyond description, but you know that you have just fucking stomped on the god damn terra!

Now you can ban this handle, but I can rewrite that last paragraph, so rethinck who wouldn't know it was me and what real power you have here sir.
I used to go to the nationals in Baytown every year. I remember when they switched from 100% to 90% because the speeds were getting "too fast". The drivers were having a terrible time adjusting to the new mix and nearly every qualifying and elimination race was won at the starting line. Either a red light or bad starts by one of the drivers. It was almost painful to watch and I actually haven't been back to watch them since.(not totally because of that).
They finally got used to it and the speeds are higher than ever now I guess.
While it's awesome to be standing there at the starting line when those fuckers go off, I was always more of a Pro Stock fan. I kinda liked the idea of doing it with gasoline and shifting gears. WJ is, was and will always be "the man" Originally Posted by boardman
Warren Johnson...nuff said.

I love the smell. It sounds pretty strange, but the smell of burnt nitromethane is sweet and tangy...a little burn to the eyes, but it's awesome.
Yeah it's all about the smell.
Warren Johnson...nuff said.

I love the smell. It sounds pretty strange, but the smell of burnt nitromethane is sweet and tangy...a little burn to the eyes, but it's awesome. Originally Posted by Wakeuр
"It smells like .....Victory!"
I used to get tickets to the top eliminator club(or whatever it was). One year I won a NHRA blue suede leather jacket with tan sleeves early on Sunday morning. I wore that jacket proudly as I stood at the starting line, white knuckles gripping the fence feeling like I was about to be blown backwards each time the light turned green. At the end of the day I looked at my new jacket and notices all the little pieces of rubber that were all over it from the burn outs. I went to wipe it off and it just smeared into the new suede. Almost broke my heart for a minute then I realized, hell it was free and the mess was proof that I had been there. Life is good.
I hate to wander off topic but this is the litterbox. boardman can I ask you about you sig without starting another thread?

Who is miss deerhunter? is that like a p0rn star or something? You know who was also hot? Shirley Muldowney! She was the first woman to pilot a AA fueler and my teenage years were spent in complete lust with her. That she was lit on fire and got back on is the absolute measure of grace under pressure. Some how that made me love her even more.