Reference checks

I was wondering if providers get bummed out when another provider calls for a reference. Do you feel annoyed: "a client of mine is going someplace else" does it bother you when same the guy keeps using you as a reference, or is it par for the course.
I was wondering if providers get bummed out when another provider calls for a reference. Do you feel annoyed: "a client of mine is going someplace else" does it bother you when same the guy keeps using you as a reference, or is it par for the course. Originally Posted by sinyouguy
It doesn't bother me at all as long as 1: The provider does not call or text me and 2: I have seen the client within the past 6 months.

I get guys using me as a reference when I have not seen them in years, when that happens I just tell the provider I have not seen him in years and I would ask him to use a more current reference because it has been so long since I have seen him that I am uncomfortable giving him a reference.
I personally have no problems with a provider calling for a reference, or a client using me as one..

I have experienced other providers who were mad that the guy was going some where else. I have had providers text and harass the guy for going else where.

I could care less either way. This is a business, you are not our SO, you have the right to spend your funds where ever you want! It is a hobby, and should be fun and drama free. No strings.
I never have a problem doing this. I have had men use me as a reference numerous times. It just doesn't bother me lol because i know he shall return