Guys with S/O's......

I have a question for guys that have significant others who keep their hobby quiet. Do yall do any contact with providers on your phone?

Seems to me like it would be hard to hide a burner phone without s/o seeing it.

Any info is appreciated.
So you have a S/O & need advice on how to procure strange without her knowing?
Im more or less trying to get ideas from others on the best way to keep it on the hush....... Here on this site is no problem but as far as the phone goes with calls and texts i was wondering if anybody used any apps or had other ways to hide it
We really need a sticky thread on this topic for the newbies.
Get google voice and open it up using your internet browser on your phone. You can also use that to text someone using the gmail account you set it up with make sure it's an email your SO doesn't know.
Get google voice and open it up using your internet browser on your phone. You can also use that to text someone using the gmail account you set it up with make sure it's an email your SO doesn't know. Originally Posted by SAangel27
Thanks for the info. Ill lookin into Google voice.
most guys use a burner phone with an out of state number and hide it in their cars
One guy I know keeps a box of old cell phones in the garage with one cheap burner phone that works. He says that he is collecting them for charity.
LESS CONTACT. LESS RISK!
I used Google Voice for a little bit until I thought it through and realized it is tied to all of my other stuff, and it is GOOGLE..

Recently I downloaded HUSHED, and setup a number. The App is for Android and iOS, and you can setup different numbers. You can call and text from within the App (From within the App you purchase a "plan". So far I have been pretty happy.
Keep your burner phone turned off unless you are using it and never bring it in the house. Find a hiding spot in your car and scratch the phone up so it looks like it's been well used by some young person. If it's found, you can say you found it and was going to try to find the owner and forgot about it. Never, never pay with anything but cash for the refill minutes on the phone and never never never set up the phone from your private phone. Some have used a public phone to set it up. Find an address that is out of your area code to set up the phone with. Fake name, fake address. If possible get one you can lock with a password. You can buy the phone for as little as $20....cash of course...or invest in a smart phone.
Thanks for all the replys. I appreciate it. Some good info in here.
When are the icky powers-that-be gonna fix that Search tab?

I use my neighbor's phone.
most guys use a burner phone with an out of state number and hide it in their cars Originally Posted by DallasRain
Yes.....or better yet at the office. Password protect it. Keep your family stuff on your phone only. Keep your hobby stuff on the hobby phone only.

Next......get an expensive hobby.......one that requires a fund on hand. I suggest the shooting sports. After she goes to a gun show and sees everyone else walking around with their gun funds, she'll never question yours.
most guys use a burner phone with an out of state number and hide it in their cars Originally Posted by DallasRain
Tracfone from Walmart and always use cash when purchasing the reload cards