I'm ready for a vacation!!

After a very long, stressful and HOT Louisiana summer I'm ready for a vacation. I love the ocean but looking for suggestions (and/or perhaps even a vacay buddy) somewhere pretty, not Uber-crowded with ample swimming available (not a pool)

I've never been to south Texas but I've heard Tennessee is beautiful with lakes - South Carolina's beachfront was also a though as was San Diego.

Any comments, suggestions, recommendations and travel partners would be fantastic!!

xoxo
~Ariel
mmmm I take it non working
Upset NY finger lakes
take a wine trip tour
Hi, I'm going to the south east coast of North Carolina in a little less than four weeks. I have a provider that is suppose to be with me Mon-Wed, but then I'll be looking around. The place is about one and a half hours north of Myrtle Beach, SC. It's right on the beach, has a pool also, and right behind a fishing pier. If you think you might be interested shoot me a PM. Later

I suggest Cancun or Cozumel. I was looking for a provider/Vacation buddy last year, and was willing to pay for everything, but no one seemed interested at the time (July/Aug). Since no one seemed interested here in San Antonio, I decided to go by myself. Bad idea, it seemed like all of the local Latina providers have left Cancun. Next time I go, if I don't have a GF, I will "rent" one here, or not go at all.
Oh and don't waste your money going to South Padre Island. For some reason, the folks in SPI think that the place is South Beach, FL.and overcharge the hotels. By the time you figure the expense of gas, food and hotel, you actually come out ahead doing an all inclusive trip to Cancun.
Wow guys! Thanks for the responses!! I can't believe you couldn't find anyone to accompany you on vacation- that's one of my biggest fantasies!!!!!

I grew up near the beach..... Missing it this time of year. Working but just stir crazy!!
If a peaceful beach is what you are after then the northern end of the Outer Banks in NC are wonderful. I recommend Duck or something to the north of that. I used to vacation there quite often. It's not crowded and generally a better class of people than further south.
Hi, I started a thread in the Diamonds and Tuxedos section re. vacation that you mind useful, particularly for non USA holidays.

Personally I've never been to New Orleans and am really looking forward to it!
If you're wanting to be closer to home, and like peace, beauty and serenity, Colorado is an option. Our mountains are beautiful. There are lots of nice spas, natural hot springs, river rafting. I hope you have a great time wherever you go!