Dangerously Close to Religion

Since this is Texas, I know I’m getting into pretty core believes when I categorically state that the best barbecue is at Junior’s Texas Best Smokehouse in Wharton and the best potato salad is at Nielson’s Deli on Richmond here in Houston. I’m having a party this weekend and, I just don’t feel like driving to Wharton for the BBQ sauce that doesn’t make me feel bloated and the most tender, juicy ribs and brisket I’ve ever had. I’ve been to Pizzitoloa’s, Papa’s, Goode Company, Luling’s just to name a few. I’m an old time Houstonian, but where to go here in Houston for BBQ that doesn’t leave me soooooo bloated I can’t eat for a day?
This topic is more dangerous that asking who give the best BBBJ!

(I vote for Pizzitola's ribs)
Lenox Bar-B-Que for the ribs.
Hungry Farmer (Used to be Sam's years ago) on Airline has good ribs and a not so typical sort of sweet sauce.(kind of east of the Mississippi taste if you know what I mean) I make my sauce with cane syrup. Shit! I probably opened a hornets nest with that one. Sorry
Dozier in Fulsher is the best.
Sauce is excellant.
Try the ribs and the sauce at Hickery Hollow on Heights blvd.
What is that BBQ place in Tyler that is supposedly so good? I'd like to stop there on the way to Shreveport sometimes. Anyone know?
I like Brothers on Freeport st. in east houston.
I heard in the news several months ago that Lenox was shutting down, except for outside catering. Damn shame for the East End.
I heard in the news several months ago that Lenox was shutting down, except for outside catering. Damn shame for the East End. Originally Posted by tikkler33
Where I used to work I bought a company Christmas Dinner for my crew(around 20 people) every year. They pretty much had a choice of anything and always voted for Lenox. I would get an extra ten pounds of ribs to take home.
Lenox Bar-B-Que for the ribs.
Hungry Farmer (Used to be Sam's years ago) on Airline has good ribs and a not so typical sort of sweet sauce.(kind of east of the Mississippi taste if you know what I mean) I make my sauce with cane syrup. Shit! I probably opened a hornets nest with that one. Sorry Originally Posted by boardman
Probably did. I like mine spicy or a bit tangy vs sweet. Even though I love your avatar.......I have to call you on this one .
For dry ribs I am still waiting for someone in Houston (or anywhere close) to compete with The Rendezvous in Memphis

Shockingly Luthers on Buffalo Speedway USED to have awesome ribs in October (all you can eat for like 10-12 buck) but they weren't that good any other time - must have imported a different cook for that month each year.

I am STILL looking for great ribs in Houston. I will try those places VERY soon.....

Any other great Rib suggestions?
Try Burns BBQ on south victory off of 45 north and LittleYork for great
sauce and meat.
Houston BBQ on Eldridge way out west has meaty, smokey beef ribs wit a light sauce.
Pierson's and Co Barbeque at 5700 West Tc Jester.
They have been voted the best in Houston by the Chronicle also the Houston Press and the Moblle Dining Guide ,also Yelp has given them great reviews.

Homemade bbq sauce along with tater salad and bbq beans and peach cobbler and
rum raisin bread pudding... bluebell vanilla ice cream optional.
Pit Master Mr Pierson slow smokes brisket, ribs, pork shoulders and homemade links also boudian in a
Klose Fab vertical smoker with mesquite wood.
Most places use a electric smoker with wood pellets that's not BBQ.
I have never seen so many white folk line up for anything in Acres Homes.
They open at 1!am and close at 6pm or when the meat runs out there that good.
If you plan to dine in be prepared to come out smelling like smoke.
They are the King when it comes to BBQ in Houston. IMHO
Try Burns BBQ on south victory off of 45 north and LittleYork for great
sauce and meat. Originally Posted by copycat
Burns used to pretty good until the original pitmaster passed away.
Goode was also pretty goode but they have becomed to commercialized like Pappa BBQ.
carkido - I will check them out this weekend and get back to you on that one.....They are close.

Goode has not been good in a long time.

oh, and Pierson's is at 5110 TC Jester - according to the Yellow Pages