Founder of One of America's Largest Gay Conversion Therapy Ministries Has Come Out As Gay

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pologizes.html

A married father-of-two from South Carolina who founded one of the nation's largest gay conversion therapy programs has come out as gay and strongly denounced the widely discredited practice.

McKrae Game, 51, the former leader of Hope for Wholeness, came out of the closet in June, nearly two years after he was fired from the faith-based conversion therapy ministry.

He is now trying to come to terms with the harm he inflicted on LGBTQ people when he was advocating for religious efforts to change a person's sexuality.

'Conversion therapy is not just a lie, but it’s very harmful,' Game told The Post and Courier in an interview published on Saturday. 'Because it’s false advertising.'

Game, who had spent the past 20 years maligning homosexuality, is one of several former movement leaders who have left the pulpits of heterosexuality, come out as LGBTQ and condemned conversion therapy as a dangerous and misleading practice.

'I was a religious zealot that hurt people,' Game told the paper. 'People said they attempted suicide over me and the things I said to them. People, I know, are in therapy because of me. Why would I want that to continue?'

Currently, 18 states and Washington, DC, ban the practice of conversion therapy for minors, according to Movement Advancement Project, an LGBTQ think tank. South Carolina, however, is not one of these states.

This guy spent his whole life pretending to be a straight Christian man who could convert gay men into straight men through religious prayer. He even married and had 2 kids! Now he's come out as gay and admits he's a big fat hypocrite! Think about all the men he harmed through his nonsensical gay conversion christian therapy! He makes me sick!
He was only using that as a front for himself to hook up with men.
Apparently it works both ways.
Gay. Converted to straight
Straight converted to gay.

Interesting.
I agree he has caused a tidal wave of grief for so many people. His callous and insensitive self righteousness should have him condemned.
I think it boils down to what you feel deep inside and that feeling is formed at puberty. People always say - "he turned gay" or she "went lesbo."
Can you imagine just waking up one morning and it's like "Oh shit, I think I turned gay!"