I have stupid question… no judgement please! Still new to Eccie! 😑

I was contacted by someone stating they found my information on this site but they were not a registered member of Eccie. Is that even possible?? I know for some sites such as Tryst, you don’t have to sign up to look for a provider, etc…. But I was under the impression that you had to be a registered member here to view the forum and profiles….

Can someone clarify please!
Thank you guys in advance!!
Xo
I would be careful if they are not a registered member with a history here.
Thank you! I agree. I refused to visit however I was curious to how the forum works.
I would also say that it is never a stupid question if it is about your safety...
I agree only talk to people who you can find on here
  • jan-w
  • 04-06-2022, 10:40 AM
I was contacted by someone stating they found my information on this site but they were not a registered member of Eccie. Is that even possible?? I know for some sites such as Tryst, you don’t have to sign up to look for a provider, etc…. But I was under the impression that you had to be a registered member here to view the forum and profiles….

Can someone clarify please!
Thank you guys in advance!!
Xo Originally Posted by ForeverPearl

Yes, anyone can view this site and they don't have to be registered here. They will not be able to see everything but they can read the forums and see your posts, at least those posts not in hidden areas. For those women with showcases, the pictures will be blurred to men unless they have premium access.
Can they see reviews without being a member?
And thank you, all of you!! Now I’ve had two gents reach out with the same “line” …. Lol
They can see the everything for the review but the ROS section or any comments with private tags. If you want to see what’s available, log out of your account and open eccie back up without logging in. That will let you know what’s available to the public.
Yes this is an open site.
The only areas the general public can't see are the men's and ladies rooms and the ros section of reviews.

As mentioned above, you own what you post. For the ladies, you'll have to decide how much info you put in your profile after thinking about how visable you wish to be.

That said, never ever drop your screening requirements regardless of what board anyone has seen you on, or is a member of.

For this site, quite a few guys and gals that are members do cultivate long running personas, and that apparently does help with introductions somewhat.

Last, not a stupid question. You've presented a good and valid safety question.
If anything at all, just tell them to PM you on the site and leave it at that.