IP logging

Does ECCIE maintain IP logs of all site visitors?
The silence is deafening. Hope you never get hacked Ashley Madison style. Glad I use a VPN. If you're reading this, you should too.
I am not an IT expert but I had coffee in a computer lab once upon a time.

One should always assume that every web site knows where traffic is coming from.

In other words, your IP is visible, be it your ISP or that of your TOR.

That said, most sites definitely have the capability to log your IP and to maintain a data base of those log-ins and, if you have created an account on that site an IP database associated with your account.

Hope that helps.
Correct ck,
One note, there's no assumption about it, all traffic carries the IP of transmitting IP.
I've spilled more coffee in tech rooms than I care to admit.
I always connect using a VPN (or two), even when on my phone. Tunnelbear is nice for your phone because you get 1.5 GB free data per month, which should be than enough for mongering. Combine that with private browser tabs and you should be reasonably safe. On my computer I use a VPN as well as Opera with its built-in VPN capabilities.
umm, ok.
Whatever you want to spend money on.
The Ashley Madison thing was not IP data, it was account information.
How about anonymizers? TOR network?
Pretty sure excie blocks TOR.... best bet is a VPN service that will not use international IP addresses.
Heh heh heh
OMG, I agree with Wakeup
Does ECCIE maintain IP logs of all site visitors? Originally Posted by deepdive
Yes, of course. All websites of any type do.

How about anonymizers? TOR network? Originally Posted by Espada6
Anonymizers, VPN, TOR, proxy servers are prohibited from use on the site. Previously they were banned manually when discovered but security measures have been tightened recently and much of it is now automatic. As expected, a big block of it got shut down.

Feel free to use your home ISP, mobile carrier, or public WIFI to access the site. Anonymous browsing on ECCIE is becoming a thing of the past. This is one of those cases where the bad guys ruined it for the good guys. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Pretty sure excie blocks TOR.... best bet is a VPN service that will not use international IP addresses. Originally Posted by TryWeakly
Also the chances are higher your IP will be blocked if it is a IP/Server that had previously been reported for SPAM, or is on a Public database of "Abuse Reports" related to specific Server's or computer origins.
I tried using the VPN feature in Opera but ECCIE blocks it if you use the United States virtual location. The Canada virtual location still worked the last time I used it.
  • sc300
  • 12-26-2016, 11:47 PM
What other VPN Services do y'all use ?

VPN Express?
Secure VPN?
hide.me ?
Zen mate ?
Pure?
Keep solid ?
Liberty Shield?

Any good or bad experience to share?
I tried using the VPN feature in Opera but ECCIE blocks it if you use the United States virtual location. The Canada virtual location still worked the last time I used it. Originally Posted by oldmarine
Yeah all those common servers will be blocked for sure. Proxify often has servers that aren't blocked by anyone, because they have thousands in the USA, increases your chance that you will have one unblocked. They are really good at it, and are constantly updating their algorithm and servers.