Reminders of the hobby and where it goes awry

I'm sure we all have them. For me, everytime I see someone with a diamond floating over their head I think of Chelsea (okay - I think about her even without those darned diamonds over people's heads). Arlington reminds me of the hobby. Movies even remind me of providers. It can be awkward to smile at something and have to come up with a "non-hobby" related reason - especially when people know you love cucumbers but you can't look at one without cracking up anymore (thanks Dannie!).

But when does it get to be too much?

I'll tell ya' when - when hobbyists start taking out ADS in places the rest of us go. I couldn't believe it! I thought "ahh... pizza... no cucumbers there... can get it outside arlington... and no one there can afford diamonds above their head". Absolutely NO hobby related associations.

WRONG! I go in to get pizza and what do I see? A sign promoting a sale on "Family Size DeLites"! Of all things... A hobbyist taking out ads. Thanks PMD! You ruined my pizza experience!
It can be awkward to smile at something and have to come up with a "non-hobby" related reason - especially when people know you love cucumbers but you can't look at one without cracking up anymore (thanks Dannie!). Originally Posted by CenterLock
You have no idea! A simple smile would be a relief for me...I see a cucumber and craaaaazy things start happening!

Produce department, why must you torture me so?!
No place is safe from reminders of the hobby...not the grocery store, not even TV (gosh you see hobbyists in the strangest places)!

It is a little easier for me though, because many of my close friends know about the hobby...so if they see a stupid grin on my face for no apparent reason it is OK for me to just shrug it off. I bet it IS akward for the hobbyists to explain away sometimes!

LMAO at Dannie and her cucumbers!
I was in a conference, and one older lady was talking, very professional engineer, and all I could think of was "yea, I do her for $200, definitely"
I know the feeling, no matter where I go it/someone will be there LOL!
Even when I don't see hobbyists I wonder if someone recognizes me. Sometimes somebody either looks a little too long, or they just turn away way too fast. I'm sure about 90% of it is in my head, but I can't keep from always wondering
I happened to me just this week. A very hot cougar was standing next to me in the grocery store of course in produce. She commented" these Persian Cucumbers are really small." An evil voice in my head said "I don't think Dannie would like them very much" I literally had to walk away.
I was walking past the scented candles in the grocery store and the smell reminded me of a certain providers incall that I used to frequent regularly
I was walking past the scented candles in the grocery store and the smell reminded me of a certain providers incall that I used to frequent regularly Originally Posted by midlyfecrysis51

same thing happened to me. remembered the sweet smells of my ATF just standing in the aisle. Made me want to rush back to the car and race to her right then.
This commercial reminds me of the hobby BIG TIME!

STOP ABUSING THE VEGETABLES
I happen to work in I.T. and every time I hear the word 'provider' in releationship to a service such as internet or telephone... i crack up a bit inside.
I happen to work in I.T. and every time I hear the word 'provider' in releationship to a service such as internet or telephone... i crack up a bit inside. Originally Posted by argus256

ISP = Intimate Services Provider?
At the Drs. office and woman behind counter asks " who is your provider? " Seeing a really nicely dressed woman and wondering if she ever thought about providing.
  • JROD
  • 01-28-2011, 06:17 AM
When I am driving through Dallas, or Arlington, or any city that I have hobbied in, and as I pass a hotel or apartment complex that I have had "good times" in. I cant help but reflect a bit on those good times. It seems like when I drive past those places, I can remember every little detail of each encounter.
The people riding with me must think I really enjoy driving in the traffic because I know I get this $hit eating grin on my face.