Question Of The Day

You're a burglar, but instead of stealing things, you do mildly inconvenient things to annoy your victims. What is your crime?

I would clog up their toilets with cat litter (the extra clump and seal kind by Arm & Hammer. Scandalous. I know).
This question immediately reminded me of a gag from one of Terry Pratchett's books, but I have no idea which. So I'll steal from a wiki:

"Everything has its opposite. Even crime.

Thus (but not very often in a city as venal as Ankh-Morpork) the Watch is troubled with reports of proffering with intent, or breaking and redecorating. Anti-crime mainly consists of what we consider charitable or 'good' acts, but done in a way so as to inflict shame and humiliation on the victim. For example, whitemail consists of threatening to reveal a mobster's secret donations to charity."

I think I will helpfully adjust any timekeeping devices to ensure they wake up bright and early at 4am, and also relocate them to difficult-to-reach spots so there is less temptation to hit snooze.
put the toilet paper on the roll backwards
empty all the icetrays & leave them empty
eat their food and leave dirty dishes in the sink
empty the milk out and leave the jug in fridge empty...I hate when my SO does this!
Put Saran Wrap over the toilet bowl and in the days of black rotary phones, put shoe polish on the earpiece or remove the part from the mouthpiece so no one can hear you but you hear them all saying. Hello? Hello? Click.
Clear gelatin filled bath tub and Vaseline on the toilet seat are also fun.

Icy hot in the jock itch cream is not as fun
You're a burglar, but instead of stealing things, you do mildly inconvenient things to annoy your victims. What is your crime? Originally Posted by Parttimehobbyist
No, you're not a burglar. Your crime is criminal trespass in violation of AR Code § 5-39-203(a)(2) (as far as I can tell).

What you propose to do once you enter is not (AFAIK) a felony (it's definitely not a theft), so your crime is not residential burglary (that's why you're not a burglar) in violation of AR Code § 5-39-201(a)(1).

And (assuming you have to break into your victim's house) what you propose isn't breaking and entering in violation of AR Code § 5-39-202(a)(1), again because you aren't going to commit a felony in your victim's house/apartment.

(Of course, I'm assuming that you're an Arkansas resident and/or planning to victimize an Arkansas resident. If you're victimizing someone in another state different laws would apply.)

Cheers,

bcg
This question immediately reminded me of a gag from one of Terry Pratchett's books, but I have no idea which. So I'll steal from a wiki:

"Everything has its opposite. Even crime.

Thus (but not very often in a city as venal as Ankh-Morpork) the Watch is troubled with reports of proffering with intent, or breaking and redecorating. Anti-crime mainly consists of what we consider charitable or 'good' acts, but done in a way so as to inflict shame and humiliation on the victim. For example, whitemail consists of threatening to reveal a mobster's secret donations to charity."

I think I will helpfully adjust any timekeeping devices to ensure they wake up bright and early at 4am, and also relocate them to difficult-to-reach spots so there is less temptation to hit snooze. Originally Posted by Warden639
Haha nice! I'd probably change their alarm ring tones to Justin Bieber songs while at it.
put the toilet paper on the roll backwards
empty all the icetrays & leave them empty
eat their food and leave dirty dishes in the sink
empty the milk out and leave the jug in fridge empty...I hate when my SO does this!
Originally Posted by DallasRain

Ohhh you're bad.... 😲
Put Saran Wrap over the toilet bowl and in the days of black rotary phones, put shoe polish on the earpiece or remove the part from the mouthpiece so no one can hear you but you hear them all saying. Hello? Hello? Click. Originally Posted by Rockydoc

LOL!! I'd be livid if my toilet seat was wrapped with seran wrap! Also it sounds to me that you've got some experience doing all these shenanigans. You've got quite the creative mind lol.
No, you're not a burglar. Your crime is criminal trespass in violation of AR Code § 5-39-203(a)(2) (as far as I can tell).

What you propose to do once you enter is not (AFAIK) a felony (it's definitely not a theft), so your crime is not residential burglary (that's why you're not a burglar) in violation of AR Code § 5-39-201(a)(1).

And (assuming you have to break into your victim's house) what you propose isn't breaking and entering in violation of AR Code § 5-39-202(a)(1), again because you aren't going to commit a felony in your victim's house/apartment.

(Of course, I'm assuming that you're an Arkansas resident and/or planning to victimize an Arkansas resident. If you're victimizing someone in another state different laws would apply.)

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Thanks for the info BCG! I love your posts cause they're quite enlightening.
Configure their computer(s) to rotate/flip the screen.
Install software to throttle their internet speed
Configure their computer(s) to rotate/flip the screen.
Install software to throttle their internet speed Originally Posted by shortblkguy
Lol! Do that to the people who are computer illiterate and they're going to have a bad time
Lol! Do that to the people who are computer illiterate and they're going to have a bad time Originally Posted by Parttimehobbyist
I work in the computer field, it's amazing how many people do not perform an Internet search to resolve their issues. I'm quite jaded on people level of tech skills
An ongoing prank some friends and I had in college was to leave playing cards in places people wouldn't suspect: backpacks, notebooks, shoes, shirt/jacket pockets... one person managed to place a full deck on the blades of a ceiling fan. It got even funnier when somebody added in a deck of naked men.
lol Parttime..I AM a bad bad gal!

{one of my pet peeves.....I was gone for a few days...my neighbor was watching my house,so I gave him a key...well his wife and him were fighting so he came over to my house to hide out...lol...he left the milk jug in the fridge EMPTY...ughhhh I hate that!|}