You realize how old you are and how it affects you when ..

You realize how old you are when ..
1. Trying to study for an technical certification and you don't learn as quickly as you did in the past
2. Returning to the gym after a 6 months lay off and everything hurts after 2 days.
I've been finding myself forgetting names of people I've known for years and haven't seen in a while...
You find out how few people around you remember the pop culture highlights of your youth.
Originally Posted by SpankyJ

ha. yep, especially when you find yourself thinking this would be a great party or makeout soundtrack
You find out how few people around you remember the pop culture highlights of your youth. Originally Posted by JdeHog
My RL job requires me to work with 20-somethings on a regular basis, and in casual conversation the pop culture references I make have gone right over their heads, to the point now where I usually preface them with a statement like "You're probably not old enough to remember..."

Cheers,

bcg
When you can no longer read the fine print without struggling.
When you can no longer read the fine print without struggling. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
i won't get the condoms with limericks printed on them.

(ps copyrighted)
When you can no longer read the fine print without struggling. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
I have a magnifying glass, sucks
Getting bifocals (or I guess they call them progressive lenses or something these days). Had them for a few years now.
Getting bifocals (or I guess they call them progressive lenses or something these days). Had them for a few years now. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Bifocals (or even trifocals) have the line(s) and the very visible areas where the lenses differ. You don't see classic bifocals as much anymore, but they're still around because IIRC they're cheaper than progressive lenses.

Progressive lenses are ground in such a way that there's no lines, and the various areas where the focal lengths of the lenses differ aren't as visible.

Cheers,

bcg
I don’t take defeat easily. I’m getting lasik.
I don’t take defeat easily. I’m getting lasik. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
I will be getting a consultation this year for lasik
  • cboat
  • 02-19-2018, 10:42 AM
What a bunch of whining wienies. Had my lasik .30 years ago. The real hard part is when the arthritic hand gets to the point where you can no longer get a grip on the important things in life.
What a bunch of whining wienies. Had my lasik .30 years ago. The real hard part is when the arthritic hand gets to the point where you can no longer get a grip on the important things in life. Originally Posted by cboat
one problem I do not have