Heart of the South

Just your southern girl trying to make it in the big world!
I'm new to the site and navigating it.
Let me know some of your favorite southern traits
Welcome to a day 🤓
The very best thing about the South is:

Southern Girls!!!!
My next favorite thing about the South is:

Southern Girls!!!!
I also love the gamut of Southern speech. The best way of speaking ever developed in the entire world. Too bad so called education from outside sources is doing all they can to destroy it. From Virginia to Texas, there are so many variations, yet all so wonderful!!!!
The Mississippi accent of Alisa is awesome!! Love listening to Chloe!! Can't wait to hear Sophia May!!

Then there is FOOD!
Virginia ham, peanuts, fired chicken, catfish, jambalaya, pork BBQ, beef BBQ, chicken BBQ, Virginia style BBQ, North Carolina BBB, South Carolina BBQ, Kentucky BBQ, pecan pie, gumbo, crawfish, whippoorwill peas, fried okra, sweet 'taters.

The Flags!!!
The Stars and Bars, The Bonnie Blue, and all the local flags made by the women.
And don't even try to pull that TOTAL BULLSHIT about the flags being racist. GO study your history, not the crap and lies that are taught in school these days.

Dirt roads, country music, fiddle playin, banjo picking, Cajun music, alligators, cotton fields, swimmin' holes, lagniappe!
Actually I lied about the BEST thing about the South

There is one thing nicer than a Southern Girl, and that is:

A Pregnant Southern Girl!!!!!!!!

Snow days in the south. There’s just something about the smell of burnt firewood, getting up in the morning, looking out your window and the whole street covered in ice and snow, and it makes me feel at peace. Then I have to decide if I should go back to bed, or cook a large and hearty breakfast.
There are too many great things about the South to list in one post although tuckahoe did a great job naming a bunch of them. Football Saturdays in the South are phenomenal! Crisp cool air, leaves changing colors, smells from the tailgate parties, cocktails with breakfast, and beautiful Southern Belles all dressed up and strutting their stuff in Razorback Red! Gets my blood boiling even though we can’t beat anybody this year. And don’t get me started in the Redneck Riviera...
I guess I'm old but I like manners still be being used.
Skynyrd, Almond Brothers, Outlaws,Molly Hatchet, Marshall Tucker trying to find that Arkansas line.Charlie Daniels The South is going to do it again. And Wild eyed southern girls is why I have always been a wild eyed southern boy.
I also love the gamut of Southern speech. The best way of speaking ever developed in the entire world. Too bad so called education from outside sources is doing all they can to destroy it. From Virginia to Texas, there are so many variations, yet all so wonderful!!!!
The Mississippi accent of Alisa is awesome!! Love listening to Chloe!! Can't wait to hear Sophia May!!

Then there is FOOD!
Virginia ham, peanuts, fired chicken, catfish, jambalaya, pork BBQ, beef BBQ, chicken BBQ, Virginia style BBQ, North Carolina BBB, South Carolina BBQ, Kentucky BBQ, pecan pie, gumbo, crawfish, whippoorwill peas, fried okra, sweet 'taters.

The Flags!!!
The Stars and Bars, The Bonnie Blue, and all the local flags made by the women.
And don't even try to pull that TOTAL BULLSHIT about the flags being racist. GO study your history, not the crap and lies that are taught in school these days.

Dirt roads, country music, fiddle playin, banjo picking, Cajun music, alligators, cotton fields, swimmin' holes, lagniappe! Originally Posted by tuckahoe
You nailed it Tuck! Every bit of it!
Skynyrd, Almond Brothers, Outlaws,Molly Hatchet, Marshall Tucker trying to find that Arkansas line.Charlie Daniels The South is going to do it again. And Wild eyed southern girls is why I have always been a wild eyed southern boy. Originally Posted by Johnnytricks
https://youtu.be/7KMYZR0-gM4
  • kman
  • 11-05-2018, 04:22 PM
I like the whole way of life from the music to the food and attitudes. I been all over the country due to my job but nothing beats Southern cookin and music. Everyone down south also has abetter outlook and attitude in life
My favorites regarding the good ole South would be southern cooking, the beautiful southern accents and of course the love for football!
Add southern hospitality to my list along with some of the best sweet tea around!! Xo