PMs stuck in que and not delivered

So I get a message that my in box in my email account, that my inbox here on ECCIE is full and I need to delete some old messages, in order to receive the knew ones.

According to my email account, I had 12 PMs here on ECCIE. So I delete some old messages to clear up some space, but that was hours ago and I still havent received any of the 12 PMs that are held up que.

How long can they potentially be held up? Is there anything I can do to speed the delivery process up?

To anyone that tried to contact me here on ECCIE by PM, please try emailing me @ my email address that can be found in my showcase.

Sincerely,

Jaycee
Just sent a test PM at 11:00 PM CST on 01-22-2011
Just sent a test PM at 11:00 PM CST on 01-22-2011 Originally Posted by TexTongue
Mine was an hour and a half later later...
  • aka
  • 01-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Mine was earlier than both these slackers - 10:10pm.

Poor girl. I hope she doesn't have to delete more message now
If your box was full, the default action by the message system may be to delete any new incoming messages until your box received the necessary attention from you. I am just guessing here. That is why they set size limits. Other wise there would have to be message queues for the queues and size limits on the holding boxes for each user... Am I painting a picture that is understandable?

Again, it is just a guess, but I do not think you will see those messages appear in your inbox. If you still have the email notices, you can PM those people who tried to send you a PM and let them know your box was full and you didn't get it.... yadda, yadda, yadda...

I am not on staff here. Just a computer nerd. If there is anything I can do to help you maximize the enjoyment you get from your box, please let me know.