sometimes you just can't win

• fryec
  • 07-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Well, I sent a p411 request to a provider. I explained that I don't hobby that much because I have a real life which is pretty public. She questions why my p411 ok's are not more recent.

So basically she won't see me. I respect that. So I try and re-build my p411 reputation. But in the process of doing that, I now have exausted all my hobby funds so I can't see the provider I originally wanted to see. And a side note, the money that could have went to the original provider has now helped to pay bills for several other providers instead of helping the orig provider.

Sometimes you just can't win for loosing.
I'm sure she's ok with that...... If it had only been about the $ in the beginning she would have seen you regardless of your lack of current okay's. Losing sucks, but loosing sucks even more.
She questions why my p411 ok's are not more recent. Originally Posted by fryec
This sounds to me like the time I went to the bank and tried to cash a check after my DL had expired. The bank refused to accept the expired DL as a valid form of identification. [rant]I understand why the DPS wants to make sure every few years that you haven't gone blind and still want to be an organ donor, but what did the bank think? (I know, the teller wasn't thinking, just following policy.) That I had stolen the expired ID of someone who looked like me? That I might no longer be authorized to drive, so it couldn't cash the check? That because the DL was expired, it must be forged? That I might not be the same person that the state of Texas at one time had been willing to certify identity for? [/rant]

Anyway, the point of the rant was that, yeah, your okays may be old, but there's a good reason for that. I think it's unlikely that the guy who got the okays a while back would have significantly changed the behavior that got the ladies to speak favorably of him.

But then again, I'm not a provider and don't have the daily risks that the profession entails.