ID theft?

I duno if it means anything or did anything.
Yesterday while reading so about some nawty AMP's I clicked on a link to this gals web site and immediately a screen pops up and says something about someone has stolen my ID. Do not turn off your computer or ????
Couldn't close the screen.
Not sure I listened to the whole message. I unplugged the net and shut down the computer.
I left it off overnight.
This morning I run my virus thing and plugged the net back in. Got the same message. Shut it off again let it sit awhile and rebooted. No message this time! So I duno if it did something I'm unaware of or not!
The site I clicked on was on 'Rub Ratings'
If anyone knows anything an FYI would be appreciated. And also a heads up for others!
Thanks
May have been something that infected just your router software. Your security or antivirus may have cleared. Hope you are always browsing in private mode. That limits the exchange of information between you CPU and the internet.
Ad thing that stuck data into your web browser cache.
Come-on folks, basic prevent maint to clear the browser cache and other temp files frequently.
Which is one of the first things any anti virus program does.
I duno if it means anything or did anything.
Yesterday while reading so about some nawty AMP's I clicked on a link to this gals web site and immediately a screen pops up and says something about someone has stolen my ID. Do not turn off your computer or ????
Couldn't close the screen.
Not sure I listened to the whole message. I unplugged the net and shut down the computer.
I left it off overnight.
This morning I run my virus thing and plugged the net back in. Got the same message. Shut it off again let it sit awhile and rebooted. No message this time! So I duno if it did something I'm unaware of or not!
The site I clicked on was on 'Rub Ratings'
If anyone knows anything an FYI would be appreciated. And also a heads up for others!
Thanks Originally Posted by tinman483

When you disconnected the net and shut off the computer, which are good things, the cookies remained in the browser. So quit the browser, with the net disconnected, and clear out the history and the cookies. The browser can be turned on the with the net disconnected. Very easy if you are using an ethernet connection and not a wifi, just disconnect the eithernet wire from the computer and clean things out so it can't find the places you just visited.
All good advise thnx! But I'm mostly computer literate!

How is it that you clear the browser and the cache?