For the 'Mix Tape' Generation....

& I'm not talking the having to "convert MP3's to AudioCD while cross-fading using Nero". I mean "the put the tape deck up to the speaker when you hear your jam on the radio" or those lucky enough to own an AIWA with "direct record" generation.
What were some of you favorite jamz. Keep this fateful. Pre-2000.

Damn those songs r some true panty dropper i like anything boys to men and baby face
THats a dope mix!!!!

I remember pressing play and record on my tape deck recording my favorite songs off the radio. Shit DG you dug deep in the crates on this one!
I've been doing sound stuff a loooooong time.

As a kid, I remember putting some of my LP stuff on 8-track so I could loop some songs over and over into my koss headphones while I slept.....tethered to the amp by a coiled cord and an homemade extension cord with some soldered connectors from Radio Shack.
This song been in my head

Beyonce is in this Video long before JAY-Z
I started doing this in the late '70's. It was an addiction so strong that I used to go in department stores to their stereo department with a cassette tape in my pocket and sneak recordings on their best tape decks! I had to make my mix tapes on good stereo systems and I still listen to my mixtapes even to this day. I'm talking 25 - 35 year old tapes.

Hi-fidelity ain't what it used to be.

A great stereo system used to contain a good powerful receiver or amp/tuner, cassette deck, turntable, and two nice two-way or three-way speakers. And when the CD player was introduced the sound got much better. And to this day nothing sounds as good as a CD(mp3's are heavily compressed).
I know y'all remember these different tape brands like Scotch, TDK, Maxell, Sony, Memorex, Denon, BASF.....

______________________________ ________

Guess we'll get off the slow jams for a second.

• Seedy
  • 01-06-2014, 10:25 AM
I started doing this in the late '70's. It was an addiction so strong that I used to go in department stores to their stereo department with a cassette tape in my pocket and sneak recordings on their best tape decks! I had to make my mix tapes on good stereo systems and I still listen to my mixtapes even to this day. I'm talking 25 - 35 year old tapes.

Hi-fidelity ain't what it used to be.

A great stereo system used to contain a good powerful receiver or amp/tuner, cassette deck, turntable, and two nice two-way or three-way speakers. And when the CD player was introduced the sound got much better. And to this day nothing sounds as good as a CD(mp3's are heavily compressed). Originally Posted by kerwil62
Thats no bs kerwil, I was a stereo fanatic in the 70's, and 80's, had a McIntosh, amp, preamp, tuner, Akai 747 reel to reel, Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck, and thorens turntable, Bose 901's, and klipshorn floor standing speakers.Made lots of mixed tapes, I could shake all the windows in my house with that system. When I lived in Kingwood at an apartment in the 80's almost got me thrown out a few times for being to loud. Lol
Nakamichi! McIntosh! Bose! Klipsch! That's that good high-end shit!

Sounds like a kick-ass system Seedy! I know you rocked it hard!
I was much more into the old school soul stuff. Marvin Gaye, Al Green, the Stylistics, The Temptations, The Spinners, the Whispers, and of course Barry White.