Steelers 2024 thread

Steelers are going to bring Russell Wilson in next week for talks with the intent to sign him. So much for all this confidence talk about KP.

https://x.com/alex_kozora/status/176...0AMolspcYxY9QA

I’d rather see Fields, but Wilson is an upgrade at a low cost. Wilson and his wife have a business connection to Acrisure.
I'd rather see them bring in Baker Mayfield, but any of the top free agent QBs out there would be an upgrade over KP.
Pickett will have a great year in 24-25. The Steelers will go 13-4 with him at the helm but lose to KC in the championship game. They’ll take the Super Bowl in 25-26 when they have more playoff experience.
Pickett will have a great year in 24-25. The Steelers will go 13-4 with him at the helm but lose to KC in the championship game. They’ll take the Super Bowl in 25-26 when they have more playoff experience. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Lol. Pickett won't even be the starter.
Steelers are meeting with former Bills' center Mitch Morse and Broncos' QB Russell Wilson today.

Interesting wrinkle in the Wilson situation... Denver is paying his 2024 salary no matter what, and Wilson can be had this season for league minimum $1.2M. Not saying he'd be a good fit for Pittsburgh, but somebody's going to be getting a steal.
  • Devo
  • 03-08-2024, 12:55 PM
Nothing will change, another shit show.

Only one thing will change their direction.
They could pay Pickett, Wilson and Firlds less than they paid Pickett, Mitch and Rudolph last year.
If you extrapolate Pickets starting record through the whole season the Steelers would have been 12-5 or 11-6 and very possibly the top seed in the AFC. Not too shabby for a guy everyone loves to hate.
If you extrapolate Pickets starting record through the whole season the Steelers would have been 12-5 or 11-6 and very possibly the top seed in the AFC. Not too shabby for a guy everyone loves to hate. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
but remember some of those "wins" were a direct result of defensive scores..........
but remember some of those "wins" were a direct result of defensive scores.......... Originally Posted by chizzy
And most of those wins were against back up QBs. The Steelers were extremely lucky to play against terrible QBs the last two years.
I’m trying to stay positive about Pickett, even though it may be somewhat unfounded. I just look at the guy and think, that’s a Pittsburgh Steeler. He has some intangible quality that makes him a fit with the team, at least in my eyes.
I’m trying to stay positive about Pickett, even though it may be somewhat unfounded. I just look at the guy and think, that’s a Pittsburgh Steeler. He has some intangible quality that makes him a fit with the team, at least in my eyes. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
I think that was a large reason why they drafted him. And the ghost of Dan Marino. They strapped Canada to him which was a huge mistake. After 24 games, I can see he doesn’t have the physical talents to compete with the best QBs in the AFC. Looks like the Steelers have come to that conclusion also.
Does anyone think that bringing in Wilson or Fields makes them a Super Bowl contender? If not, then why bother. It would just be more of the same, no losing season for Tomlin and finish middle, draft middle, stay middle.

Give Pickett a shot with a competent OC and if he still stinks than tank for a top draft pick.
I think if bringing in a free agent is the play Baker Mayfield makes more sense than Russell Wilson. Price tag would be higher but Baker you should be able to structure so they would not be on the hook like Denver is with Wilsons remaining salary.

Anytime a franchise pays someone to go away like Denver did especially with an aging QB it is not a sign that player still has much left.

I think a better plan is stick with the QBs they have work to upgrade the roster and draft someone to develop for the future.