Hobby Phone!!!! Use It!!!

Recently, wanting a massage I look on the internet for a local massage place close to me in NWA found what I thought was one across from where I get my morning coffee and donut ( Gotta keep my figger ) . A massage and convenience was my goals at the time. Texted a basic " Are you taking appointments?" and get a YA back in reply so I ask for a time that afternoon, no reply. Later same day I get a text from exposingjohns.com saying my info was on there site and I would need to go online and pay to have it removed. Well I was using my non traceable hobby phone so they can Kiss my Ass. So they have my hobby phone number but no name or address but doing some research they are extorting money from guys that have used there regular traceable numbers. Be careful out there guy's and gal's. BUD
I get a text from potential prostitutes or something like that on my hobby phone from time to time also. They just want money and some people are careless enough with their hobby life to have to give it to get their shit removed from the site. It's part of it I guess. Play Safe everyone
What is a good hobby phone company to use. I currently have a hobby phone, I was just wondering if there was a better company.
Mine is a go phone. It matters where you get it though, best to use an independent phone retailer, set it up with a fake name and go back to the retailer to add time with cash.
Recently, wanting a massage I look on the internet for a local massage place close to me in NWA found what I thought was one across from where I get my morning coffee and donut ( Gotta keep my figger ) . A massage and convenience was my goals at the time. Texted a basic " Are you taking appointments?" and get a YA back in reply so I ask for a time that afternoon, no reply. Later same day I get a text from exposingjohns.com saying my info was on there site and I would need to go online and pay to have it removed. Well I was using my non traceable hobby phone so they can Kiss my Ass. So they have my hobby phone number but no name or address but doing some research they are extorting money from guys that have used there regular traceable numbers. Be careful out there guy's and gal's. BUD
Originally Posted by budcud
Same thing happened to a male friend of mine. Well sort of the same. Thing is, he contacted some horny slut off CL looking for a cheap thrill and ended up with his photo, name and email on a predator site. He would've had to pay to have it removed. But the site was so BS that only a fucking dumbass would even believe it was legit. The entire site ended up being deleted after a week or so. Guess they moved on to their next scam.

Scams never last long, anyone that takes offense to them are just as bad as the idiots that make them.
Great warning bud, but more of a general nature than a specific alert. Moving to coed for more thorough discussion.

Lets's please reserve the alert forum for specifics . . .

"Issues which could endanger the safety of a member or members of our community go here. Please reserve this space for legitimate alerts, and not general FYI material."
Well it made my ass pucker when the message first came up. Then I remembered the good advice I had gleaned from my research here. Thank you Mr. Chan and eccie.
Thanks for the warning budcud.
  • mwise
  • 12-27-2013, 06:51 AM
That's messed up!

I use tracfone, got it at Walmart, paid cash, buy extra minutes with cash etc...

Hope its safe....
I am now using google voice. It is so good! I can use my smartphone and make calls and text that come from an entirely different number. It is free too!
  • Sami
  • 01-02-2014, 03:14 PM
I am now using google voice. It is so good! I can use my smartphone and make calls and text that come from an entirely different number. It is free too! Originally Posted by firststick
Interestingly, I read an article about people that use google voice to bypass "minute plans" on their cell phone bills where they have unlimited data.
Interestingly, I read an article about people that use google voice to bypass "minute plans" on their cell phone bills where they have unlimited data. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
I have found no down side so far. Since it is email like it could run up your data usage but not if you are near WiFi.