Reviews

Am I the only one who wonders if all the reviews are real? What would keep a provider from setting up a separate account and writing her own reviews? I also noticed that if anyone gives a bad review, he is subject to attack or being black listed by providers as being to critical. On the other side, a provider can be ruined by a negative review when she did everything right. Maybe we should take these reviews with a gain of salt and make up are own minds based upon additional information that is available with a little research. Just a thought for the day.
I already take reviews with a grain of salt. I only want to know if the pics and menu are accurate. The rest is hyperbole. How a provider interacts with one person is so subjective. There are many factors that go into how a meeting turns out. As I said, I just want to know the pics are her. Anything more than that is up to me and I'm confident in my skills as far as making the time a positive experience.
Reviews are an important part of research (I've found this especially helpful when traveling and not being familiar with the local landscape) with and the Rest of the Story is vital information on all review boards. Do details get exaggerated? I'm certain they do, BUT one important element of the research you do to learn about a provider goes directly back to the source of the review. It doesn't take much reading to sort out the bullshit and bananas.

Valuable information that should be obtained from Reviews and ROS
  1. Ease of provider contact
  2. The provider's screening (after all, this is about safety)
  3. Attitude of the Provider
  4. Expectation(s) upon opening the door - appearance, demeanor, friendliness, all-business or whatever
  5. Provider's definition of GFE (varies wildly but I'm sorry a cbj doesn't qualify - who gives their boyfriend a cbj?)
  6. Elaboration of Menu - Expectations or YMMV
  7. MSOG? Getting booted out the door or will provider work to wake the dead?
  8. Recommendation - Yes, No, Mortgage the House

Honesty in the review process is expected EVEN when the experience is bad or it's a NO recommendation. It is essential to your reputation as a hobbyist.

Can a Review make or break a provider? I know reviews by certain hobbyist can make the provider's phone ring. IMHO, a No recommendation has to be explained well in the ROS and most of the times the "no" conclusion is obvious.

I could go on but it would be valuable for others to add to the discussion - especially those who use reviews for research. Bottom line guys - Have Fun, Play Safe, Share the Information. It helps the Hobbyist and Provider.
There have been situations where providers have made up handles and written their own reviews… But it's pretty easy to spot when a handle has never reviewed another provider, or alternatively, if they've seen several other reputable ladies.

I can honestly say that all my reviews are 100% written by real gentleman that I have seen. Have some of the review activities been slightly exaggerated? Sure. Keep in mind that a lot of this is fantasy, and a gentleman may write about something that he was once capable of, but isn't any more… Knowing that the provider would, can & has provided the same type of thing to multiple other gentlemen. It's a boys club, and some guys enjoy those high-fives! Who am I to blow their fantasy? That type of situation only represents a very small percentage of interactions, anyway. It's definitely not the norm.

I think after several years of essentially the same types of reviews, you can easily expect that your experience will be very similar, if not identical.

Bullshit surfaces fairly quickly – while the truth tends to remain consistent over time.
I read the ladies reviews and then the reviewers other reviews if they have others. This helps me learn not only which lady I will see but who I trust on the board. I have no doubt there are several male and female handles on the board that should not be trusted, but don't let the acts of a few cloud your perception of the hobby. Have fun! But to have fun it is best to read, research and study.

There is a lot of good information in MrHappy's and Ginger's posts.
Reviews are good to understand what's available for the fee, overall attitude, whether pictures are accurate and whether screening and practices are safe.
The reviews that I hate are the ones where the reviewer goes overboard on the appearances and when you actually meet the provider you want to run or the ones where they say YMMV. I have noticed some guys who post comments all the time but when you look at who they have reviewed it is always someone that no one else has reviewed and usually someone out of town whose ad is no longer up.
The reviews that I hate are the ones where the reviewer goes overboard on the appearances and when you actually meet the provider you want to run or the ones where they say YMMV. I have noticed some guys who post comments all the time but when you look at who they have reviewed it is always someone that no one else has reviewed and usually someone out of town whose ad is no longer up. Originally Posted by theotherguy1
Bingo. There are providers I would have skipped if an accurate physical description was made.
What I'm looking for in a review is an idea of what to expect when I/she opens the door. We all have different taste in women; we all like different things behind closed doors. One man's no recommendation can be another man's YES, GO GET A SECOND MORTGAGE ON YOUR HOUSE. I want to know about personality, TCB skills, pricing, menu, and accuracy of photos.

I have written a review or two where I more or less state that I have no reason to give a no recommendation, but I probably would not return for another visit because I just didn't have chemistry with the provider. That, in itself, should not discourage another hobbyist from contacting her. It would not deter me.

Likewise, I have a couple of favorites that have received no recommendations from fellow hobbyists in the past. Again, to each their own. The most important thing is just being honest about YOUR experience while you were there. Let the reader make his own conclusion about if she is worth a visit.