Colin Kapernicks Workout Debacle

Who didn't see this coming? The season's is more than half over, the guy hasn't played in almost 3 years. Why don't they just have a tryout for him in Feb and he can sign? In fact, he can sign with anyone NOW!

This just a ploy by Jay-Z to be able to get top flight black acts to play in the Superbowl and not have another country fest.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/16/colin...pute-with-nfl/

Kaepernick thanks scouts from Washington, New York Jets and Kansas City and says: “When you go back, tell your owners to stop being scared.”

1:48 PM PT -- The workout is being broadcast live, and Colin is currently warming up on the football field. He's wearing a black shirt that reads "KUNTA KINTE" and is stopping to take photos and say hello to fans periodically.

This outdoes the time Anna Nicole Smith showed up to that inheritence trial with a shirt that said "SPOILED."
During all of this, did he ever throw a football?
Just another circus show for the media.

Why couldn't he just do his try out without the circus of moving it so the media were in attendance.

If he were really trying to impress scouts it would not have mattered if media were present or not.

What a f'ing joke.
The guy hasn't played since 2016. If an NFL Team picks him up they should offer him a one year contract at the going rate of the average yearly salary of a Police Officer for the given city the team represents. See if he takes it, if not he really doesn't want to play football.
this is news???? what a waste of bandwidth.
Kaepersnick looks just like a suicide bomber....
Kaepersnick looks just like a suicide bomber.... Originally Posted by winn dixie
Too bad he can't throw a fucking bomb, lol.
Jerry Jones will sign him.
Jerry Jones will sign him. Originally Posted by bambino
I heard an agent for Kaepernick went to the Saints and Mickey Loomis laughed him out of the office, lol. Somebody ought to just sign this guy on so we don't have to deal with it. I am sure there is quite a few Defensive guys out there that would love to end his career anyway.
this is news???? what a waste of bandwidth. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
At the gym all this week they had this topic on the various sports talk shows on the tube. Filled up hours. Fortunately I'm on the treadmill watching 5 screens simultaneously.

Lamar Jackson has brought back "the athletic QB" into vogue. The hitters adjust.
Jerry Jones will sign him. Originally Posted by bambino
He could have already signed him. The Baltimore and Seattle clubs already had backup QB offers prepped for Colin. After he signed the "no fault" settlement they could have signed him.

The only thing Colin wants to hit him is the spotlight.
I thought your narrative was a Schiff-like parody, until I clicked the link. I wish this guy would have enough dignity to just go away. first time (probably last) ever agreeing with Winn Dixie, this guy looks like a Terrorist.
Kap and Eric Reid signed a $30 million settlement with the NFL were no fault was admitted by either party. Although I haven't read the agreement (few have) my guess is that it would have disclosure clauses in the agreement.

I wonder if Kap is violating those disclosures by saying "The NFL owners needs to stop running from me," "wearing a "Kunta Kinte" t-shirt to an sanctioned NFL tryout and lying to the press about specifics of the event.
So the news organizations are going to pay him?
  • oeb11
  • 11-17-2019, 10:00 AM
Social issues aside - if Kap was regarded as a starter talent in the NFL - someone of 32 teams would hire him on a tryout contract.

Not even Jerry Jones with the poor back-up qb situation behind Dak Prescott is interested in Kap.

Let the DPST's moan about conspiracy and collusion to prevent them from turning the NFL into a little girl's tea party dominated by political correctness and participation trophies for all.
That might go down well in the bowels of the DPST ratholes in NYC, LA and West coast. - but there are lots of middle of the road folks in those areas who like their NFL as it is.

Too bad - DPST's another epic fail. LOL