Memorial Day

Time to remember.
Attached Images File Type: png Memorial 2.png (316.1 KB, 34 views) File Type: png Memorial 1.png (194.5 KB, 34 views)
  • DinDC
  • 05-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks Explorer! We tend to miss the meaning of this day, and you helped us all remember.

My dad was a Marine in the battle for Okinawa in WWII. He never wanted to talk about it unless he had approximately a fifth of bourbon in him... And, natch, at that point he wasn't too coherent. I never tried to get those stories copied down. He's gone now. I only wish I had gotten his story DOWN before he went!

Everyone, please embrace and celebrate the veterans in your life, before it's too late...

Just my 2 cents here.
Just remember that Memorial Day is specifically for those who have fallen defending our country, whereas Veterans Day is designed to be for all veterans. As a veteran myself, it's an important distinction to me.

The security of a nation is defined in part by the esteem in which it holds its warriors --- past, present, and future.

Another Schnitzengruben, as far as I'm concerned, your father was truly part of the Greatest Generation. May we have another one someday when this country faces the kinds of challenges they overcame.