Let the fireworks begin !!

Happy July 4 to Everyone

...and especially to those ladies (like lilred_robin) who have set aside their normal lives, and their hobby lives, to put themselves in harm's way for our country.

I extend a special greeting to all of them, and a warm welcome home! Thank you for your service and glad you are back safe!!

Now let's enjoy the hobbying and set off some fireworks of our own !!
Thank you ufriend!

I was in a relatively safe area, but many were not. The last 12 months were the worst for casualties in Afghanistan. Our biggest problem over there right now being the security forces we are training actually being Taliban and using how we trained them against us. :-(

Fort Campbell still has some units out (like Sustainment Brigade) but the majority of us are home for a while.

~

Little known facts about Independence Day (as given by the CO in our safety brief)

The Declaration of Independence was actually written on 2 July, but distributed to the public and read in town squares on the 4th. (And some of the final signatures happened a month later on 2 August!)
The Revolutionary War had already been going on for a year.
Thomas Jefferson (even though he had many) wanted mention of the injustice of slavery (but to get the signatures of southern states it was left out)
The Declaration was meant to give the rest of the world insight as to WHY the colony wanted freedom from the British crown.

The Declaration of Independence was actually written on 2 July, but distributed to the public and read in town squares on the 4th. (And some of the final signatures happened a month later on 2 August!) Originally Posted by lilred_robin
I was just reading about that earlier today. I had no idea and always thought everyone sat down and signed it on the 4th of July
The fireworks, free concert, and carnival rides on post were awesome!

Hope everyone else had a safe day full of excitement!
I hope everyone got to light up their own "fireworks" (wink wink)