Climate Change In Ancient Times

Sea level Changes In Ancient Times.

I was listening to a lecture series on the history of prehistoric native peoples of North America and ran across an item of information that I'd never heard before. In describing the evolution of native American life paths in the Florida area, the lecturer noted that around 3,500 BC the sea level was some 80 feet HIGHER than it is now. Florida as we know it today was indicated by the sea with much less dry land and different coastlines. He was describing how life and living patterns had changed as the sea level subsided towards the present levels. While this a pre-historic period in North America, it is within the general scope of historical times with respect to the early civilizations of the Middle East and Asia.

The current state of the world is not a static or steady state condition. As things change, we must adapt as did the peoples of the ancient world did. We can argue all we want over whether or not human civilization today is causing sea levels to go up, but the sea has risen and fallen wildly in the past without human intervention.

At the height of the last glacial period, sea levels were 400 feet LOWER than today. The Great Barrier reef of Australia would have been dry land. New Zealand today would have been the high mountains of a much larger land mass. Euro- Asia and the Americas were connected as one great land mass. Ocean currents were much different; and on and on. And amidst all that, humankind has adapted.
They found the sunken continent of Mu! Its where new zealand is at
1st & 2nd AD, there are a number of underwater towns and cities in europe, india and asia and america.
Where are my Trilobites!!
Throughout history, at least one thing remains constant: 100% of hurricanes occur on the oceans before they hit dry land along the coast. And for the "brave??" few that dare, the surfing is awesome around that time.
So will the ocean rise high enough to wash the the scat off san franciscos sidewalks?
So will the ocean rise high enough to wash the the scat off san franciscos sidewalks? Originally Posted by winn dixie
... Surely hope so... That's the onley way things
will ever get clean... Thanks, Nancy.

#### Salty
The real point is our sun will eventually burn out and die, and our universe will end. Nothing matters.

Think about that when you celebrate during the holidays.
The real point is our sun will eventually burn out and die, and our universe will end. Nothing matters.

Think about that when you celebrate during the holidays. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Nah

Solar energy will keep it going.....
... Well, as I mention before - when those Australian lads
FIRST sailed over here and discovered America - they saw
how HOT in was to the south... deserts and what-not, and
the Norse fellows far up past Canada-way surely noticed
just how COLD it was in the north.

So BOTH groups walked met in the middle - 'round St. Louis
and decided to sell or trade-off the land here to Indians.
A smiling bloke who called 'imself Chief Wahoo surely brokered
the deal ... He kinda felt like a Guardian of the land.

So sometimes the land is HOT - and other times it's COLD.
Was the same way for many MANY years.
And will CONTINUE to be that way.

### Salty
The real point is our sun will eventually burn out and die, and our universe will end.... Originally Posted by VitaMan
Yup, it will burn out and die in about a gorillion years. Actual climate scientists will tell you that the sun goes through cycles of activity, i.e. Minimums and Maximums and others in between. These cycles have a huge influence on our weather and climate.

You should do a little reading on these two folk.
(Time saving tip - don't bother with the first one)

Staff edit image violation The Dr
Yup, it will burn out and die in about a gorillion years. Actual climate scientists will tell you that the sun goes through cycles of activity, i.e. Minimums and Maximums and others in between. These cycles have a huge influence on our weather and climate.

You should do a little reading on these two folk.
(Time saving tip - don't bother with the first one) Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do

The image should be removed. Even the text states the girl is sixteen.
... No need to remove it.

That girl Greta Thunberg is 18 years-olde. ... She'll be 19
in two weeks... No longer 16.

Ya know, Greta and I surely got something in common.
I was a boy genius by the age of 10.

And She was the Whole World's LEADING ATHOURITY on
Global Warming and Climate Change by age 15.

... Surely funny how life works out...

#### Salty
... No need to remove it.

That girl Greta Thunberg is 18 years-olde. ... She'll be 19
in two weeks... No longer 16.

Go check.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again

Is she eighteen in the picture?
Is she eighteen in the picture? Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

The point is she came onto the scene reading scripts written by her Antifa parents, specifically because she was under age at the time, as a shield from criticism at that time. Unless of course you are also making the argument that Dr Curry has probably published more books, written more articles and given more speech since that time as well. Which you did not.