Why trying to build Arab Armies will not work

I am giving you a link to an article published in 1999 which obviously no one in the Bush admin read. Actually anyone who had spent anytime over there knew it would not work.
There was a reason Saddam ruled the way he did. The same with Tito in Yugoslavia.
What happens when the dictator goes away? Just what we got.

http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
Great article.And thanks for the link. It should be required reading for ALL U.S. military officers and Potential Commanders-in-Chief.
  • shanm
  • 05-25-2015, 04:50 PM
Great article.And thanks for the link. It should be required reading for ALL U.S. military officers and Potential Commanders-in-Chief. Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
You can read?
The middle east has been on a downward slide ever since Imperial powers were phased out after WW1.
  • DSK
  • 05-25-2015, 05:35 PM
The middle east has been on a downward slide ever since Imperial powers were phased out after WW1. Originally Posted by WombRaider
What they need is an application of the universal values of the modern liberal. Why don't you go over their and learn 'em how to think right?

Dubai, UAE

Dubai, UAE Originally Posted by I B Hankering
And your point is...
What they need is an application of the universal values of the modern liberal. Why don't you go over their and learn 'em how to think right? Originally Posted by DSK
They don't value classical liberalism. It's incompatible with their religiosity. They value submission. They don't know what to do if a boot isn't on their neck.
You can read? Originally Posted by shanm
Read AND comprehend a LOT better than you, Glory Holer !!
Read AND comprehend a LOT better than you, Glory Holer !! Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
10-word post and he used two of the words to mention glory holes. You don't comprehend as well as a chimpanzee, you degenerate titlicker.
The middle east has been on a downward slide ever since Imperial powers were phased out after WW1. Originally Posted by WombRaider
And your point is... Originally Posted by WombRaider
The point is obvious to everyone - all it takes is a picture to hand you your ass! Now go find a picture of Dubai circa 1920, you ignorant dipshit.

10-word post and he used two of the words to mention glory holes. You don't comprehend as well as a chimpanzee, you degenerate titlicker. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Better a titlicker than a glory-hole dicklicker like you, undercunt.

The point is obvious to everyone - all it takes is a picture to hand you your ass! Now go find a picture of Dubai circa 1920, you ignorant dipshit.

. Originally Posted by lustylad
Lusty the balloon knot retard strikes again. The point is obvious, but not to you. The OP was addressing political and military realities of the middle east. My comment was in that vein, addressing the article that was posted in the first post. We aren't speaking about economics. If you took the time to read the article, you would know this.

You've been handed your ass, again. You've been found wanting, LustyTard. Take your rusty balloon knot and drag it on over to RL's trailer and get what's coming to you. I've already reamed it out, should be nice and easy for him.
  • shanm
  • 05-25-2015, 09:52 PM

. Originally Posted by lustylad
Right. A picture....of Dubai...shows us....that everything is hunky-dory down there.

Can you walk and talk at the same time?
Right. A picture....of Dubai...shows us....that everything is hunky-dory down there.

Can you walk and talk at the same time? Originally Posted by shanm
I hope the sharp corners in his dwelling are padded.

He didn't read the story, obviously. It was about middle eastern culture and the military realities that you face when trying to build a traditional army.
Dubai is a cool place.