Need a Lawyer - Rental/Renter Rights Please

MISSISSIPPI, PM ME
Carolina Girl Holly... you would be better off addressing this to the Mississippi Board,
Real-Estate Law
varies dramatically from state to state. The Coast has very few Attorneys
that represent Renters because there is no profit in it... the area of practice is geared more
toward Landlords, unless you can verify an Income there will he no Legal-Aid available.
you're so helpful, know anyone?
Carolina Girl Holly... I know several, a Real-Estate Attorney with the appropriate associations
on the Gulf Coast will cost you around $300 just to initially walk through the door. The average
per hour billing will then run you somewhere between $150 to $200, even if they decide to
represent you... it will be at least a $2,500 Retainer before they begin working.
please tell me if you have a referral, is all I was asking, thanks for your all knowing advice
Your Very Welcome... I'll send you a P.M. but first please send me one describing your predicament,
I need to know if this is a question of Legality rather than Real-Estate Law.
If I was tenant, had a dispute with my landlord, and wanted to confer with an attorney or some other knowledgeable person about my rights, I wouldn't approach a real estate lawyer. Real estate lawyers do transactional work, such as drafting contracts for the buying and selling of land and structures. My advice would be to contact your local tenants' union.