How to sign a card?

My question is the cards that i put the.... gift, when i see various ladies. How do i sign it? Any thoughts on this. I normally buy gift cards, normally just thank you cards. I try to go for ones that say things like about gifts of time or if i know the lady likes select things like dogs i try to find one with puppies or something on them. I have tried to search for this information with no luck. I have thought about just leaving them unsigned but does not seem right to me. So far I just have written thank you.

I am asking here since i hope this is the place with the knowledge of etiquette and class.
I think what ever is heart felt is the best way...sometimes a simple Thank You is just as good as an elaborate speech...taking the time to know what kind of card they like or a special occasion card speaks volumes to them...But keep in mind you are not trying to woo them, but rather show them respect and to let them know they did something special and that you appreciate it....I would try to not overthink it...Keep in mind this a guy's point of view...
I thought this was a pretty lame thread. But then, maybe not.

I've wondered the same, at times. If I have a great connection with a lady, I try to do something a little special as well. Personally, I don't think what the card says is important. It's the fact that you went to the effort to get a card that makes a statement.

That being said....

I try to find an appropriate Hoops and Yoyo card from Hallmark. Yes, they're silly. They are an audio card....but you have to have a pretty cold heart not to laugh, or at least smile.

And that's why I leave them. Not to be overly romantic, or make her misty-eyed. But hopefully leave her with a smile. Just one more smile to remember me like I hope I'll remember her....
I`d write something personal. Relating to the lady or the encounter. When I first started off as "Nina Sastri" my elements were frogs for Sheila Na Gig and some people brought me nice frog- gifts or similar stuff. Most of it I still have at home and it makes me smile, really ;-). The card specially when it is signed with a personal line, a personal poem, something funny, relating to the lady, the encounter, the "we" , or if you haven`t seen her before, something relating to her homepage that makes her different from other ladies. That is what I would do, and these are the people , who always make me smile and make my heart jump!
Just sign it with a couple of these and she will be very happy.

If I leave a card I usually do not sign them. Why? Maybe they can reuse the card and save the trip to the store.
  • Paven
  • 05-15-2012, 04:51 PM
I keep all of my cards and one fellow signs with a heart only, some say thank you only and some are left blank.

What Chica Chaser said works well too lol.
Hmmm, thot I was the only one who was old school. Glad to see others personally select a card for the donation and gift.

The one time I didn't sign or write something the lady said, "You have to sign this beautiful card". What surprised me is that the ladies keep the cards, one showed me all the cards I've given her tied up with a ribbon.

Knowing they appreciate the effort I try to come up with something more personal than Thank You. Just depends on how well I think I know the lady.
This is interesting! I have not left a card. I do place my donation in plain sight upon arrival, every time. I do either send her a text or a pm after our visit telling her how special and wonderful the time spent with her was. Every time. I then send her another text or pm again a day later, that I was thinking about our time together. Every time! However, the card is a nice touch, but I was thinking the lady may want to see the cash in plain sight to alleviate any concern.
My question is the cards that i put the.... gift, when i see various ladies. How do i sign it? .....
I am asking here since i hope this is the place with the knowledge of etiquette and class. Originally Posted by Perhapsnormal
Just sign it.....Thank you, Ed Highlight.....That'll work!!
Just sign it with a couple of these and she will be very happy.

Originally Posted by Chica Chaser

lol!

I have several guys that sign it "thanks for the dirty deeds"
Most gents sign the card " Your admirer" or " Your fan" or whatever.
I love getting cards - some leave them blank, some write "thank you", and others are novellas. All are great! You just have to put your own personal touch on it and she'll love it.
The fact that you have put a thought into this makes you a great guy! As a provider I must say I do prefer the personal touch of a card, yet I understand some just do not have time to run to Hallmark store along way. Just think of it as an "extra special touch"
Hugs
Hmmm, thot I was the only one who was old school. Glad to see others personally select a card for the donation and gift.

The one time I didn't sign or write something the lady said, "You have to sign this beautiful card". What surprised me is that the ladies keep the cards, one showed me all the cards I've given her tied up with a ribbon.

Knowing they appreciate the effort I try to come up with something more personal than Thank You. Just depends on how well I think I know the lady. Originally Posted by LucadeJure
I nearly cried one day, when I visited a retired provider that was my first on the boards...she had kept my first gift card I gave her, had it framed, and had it hanging on the wall in her kitchen. We had become real life friends, even though she retired to get married. I never knew it meant so much to some of my ATFs down through the years.