What's Up in the DR?

With the hype-news about tourists getting sick and dieing in the DR lately . . .

Has that affected the hobby world there?

I would think that bookings are down, the girls are hungry and rates are depressed.

Wishful thinking on my part, I am sure.
With the hype-news about tourists getting sick and dieing in the DR lately . . .

Has that affected the hobby world there?

I would think that bookings are down, the girls are hungry and rates are depressed.

Wishful thinking on my part, I am sure. Originally Posted by ICU 812
Good topic, it is my understanding nothing monger-wise has changed. If I were a DR monger or interested in the DR I wouldn't hesitate one bit to go. Bunch of bullshit on the news; a few croaked ( who knows why and the real truths behind it all) ) while millions didn't. I'll take the odds of being in the millions.

Most of these deaths occurred ( if not all) in non monger areas often inside heavily guarded upscale resorts. I have stayed at that Bahia Principe resort chain several times, very nice and upscale but boring as shit! I think those folks died of boredom, if I were stuck down there again I would probably drink the entire mini-bar in pure depression of being stuck in a couples/family resort.

Life is too short to live in fear. Drowning and drinking are both bad for one generically speaking; the Dominican Republic is not...
  • JBDFW
  • 07-12-2019, 12:33 PM
I've been 4 times this year (3 times to Sosua and once to Santo Domingo), and I'm not buying the media BS. I also think that it is politically motivated, because the Chinese have agreed to help rebuild the Dominican infrastructure and you know Uncle Sam resents that, and our dear old Uncle can't pump the brakes on the DR like he can with Cuba, so why not use a scare tactic. Or it is just a few unscrupulous resort workers swapping out good alcohol for the methanol laced BS that has been making folks have heart attacks. Whatever the case, I'm not buying it. I return the 24th of July.