Hobby life for a newbie....

I imagine has to suck big time. He has just discovered a world so amazing and wonderful but he can't get in. I can see how frustrating it can be to be rejected over and over. He is ready, time off from work and cash to spend.
Like searching for a job with no experience, they all seem to require 1-2 yrs. It's seems almost imposible until you get lucky and she says yes! Newbies how does this moment feel to you? And for the rest of the guys if you can remember back in your newbie days, was it difficult or was it easy?

For the ladies that do accept newbies, how do you make this decision? What do you require from the newbie?

Everyone was an inpatient and frustrated newbie at one point right?
For both the ladies and men, how did you enter hobby land?
It sucks... I couldn't find a lady I liked for a month, but I kept at it, lurked for awhile to learn what I needed to learn and now I can't get enough.
What are you talking about Kandy? The newbies have it good. There is a wealth of hobby information out there for their reading pleasure. There are numerous newbie friendly ladies that are smart, beautiful, and more intoxicating than liquor.

The problem is the newbies want to jump in feet first without testing the waters. A little research and they can be swimming quickly. A little more research and they can be swimming like Michael Phelps. Research is the key to any hobby.
4 or 5 years ago when I started I had no problems. I entered the hobby through the fbsm door. Bodyrub ladies often don't require references. I found a group of bodyrub ladies who were on aspd. They then provided the references I needed to go further. If you're a nice generous guy who treats ladies with respect, it's not all that difficult.
P411 is the best friend for Newbie. Once you get on there, plenty of options there with Newbie friendlies. I got started that way, but now canceled it. Regret that decision, but I kind of wanted to get out. Well if I ever can get the self control to stop.
Come over and pop my newbie cherry KK!

B
I started to hobby a few years ago. ASPD days. I remember researching and learning by reading as much as I could. I've stepped away from the hobby for while....now I am back.
I imagine has to suck big time. He has just discovered a world so amazing and wonderful but he can't get in. I can see how frustrating it can be to be rejected over and over. He is ready, time off from work and cash to spend.
Like searching for a job with no experience, they all seem to require 1-2 yrs. It's seems almost imposible until you get lucky and she says yes! Newbies how does this moment feel to you? Originally Posted by Kandy Kelly
Never got that far (at least not yet). More than 2 years on this board and still a newbie, at least in the sense that the OP means. I've had P411 for 2 years and never used it. Why? Just can't mentally get over the barrier of screening and scheduling. (Let's not get diverted into a discussion of how important screening is for everyone's safety and security. I know and I get it.) It's more a matter of convenience. Decide I'm in the mood and an SC is only a short drive away. Want more? AMPs seem like the logical next (convenient) choice. Not saying I expect anything to change in the Indy world and I certainly don't have an answer. Just the viewpoint from where I sit, at least for the time being.
  • Caleb
  • 06-05-2012, 01:05 AM
I lurked on this board for about 5 or 6 months before I got started. I was extremely fortunate to find a lady who was willing to coach me into the hobby. I didn't meet her screening requirements, but she gave me some good advice on how to fix that problem. I then did a ton of research looking for experienced, respected providers that are newbie friendly. Found one who was willing to see me. The strength of her recommendation allowed me to meet a beautiful lady who normally required two references. As I now met the requirements of the first lady I had contacted, I sent her another email. She invited me to join P411, and life got much easier from there. It took a little time, a little patience and a lot of research, but it was well worth it. From the point that I decided to get serious about the hobby to the time I was P411 Basic +2 was about 6-8 weeks.

Along the way, I had a few decline to see me. Funniest refusal I received wasn't actually a refusal. I believe the quote was "my newbie screening process isn't that hard - it only requires that you answer ALL of my very personal questions about your life and that you be willing to part with one of your kidneys". That quote chased me off until I had a few references. Having now seen her several times, I wouldn't hesitate to become an organ donor to see her again!
Never got that far (at least not yet). More than 2 years on this board and still a newbie, at least in the sense that the OP means. I've had P411 for 2 years and never used it. Why? Just can't mentally get over the barrier of screening and scheduling. (Let's not get diverted into a discussion of how important screening is for everyone's safety and security. I know and I get it.) It's more a matter of convenience. Decide I'm in the mood and an SC is only a short drive away. Want more? AMPs seem like the logical next (convenient) choice. Not saying I expect anything to change in the Indy world and I certainly don't have an answer. Just the viewpoint from where I sit, at least for the time being. Originally Posted by billw1032

How is screening and scheduling in the hobby different than in the real world? The civilian ladies screen us, probably more thoroughly too. Scheduling a date with a civilian lady, or a session with a provider, can be a pain in the ass or a breeze. As far as screening and scheduling there is not a lot of difference in the hobby and real life.
I guess I got lucky when I started...I would see the ad pics of a hot looking Provider, not necessarily a Newbie-friendly girl, read her reviews, her posts and politely ask for a date. Good manners and respect will get you where ya wanna go.

An introductory email is your only chance at a 1st impression.
Then, when you get an appointment, be as nasty as ya wanna be...
How is screening and scheduling in the hobby different than in the real world? The civilian ladies screen us, probably more thoroughly too. Scheduling a date with a civilian lady, or a session with a provider, can be a pain in the ass or a breeze. As far as screening and scheduling there is not a lot of difference in the hobby and real life. Originally Posted by pyramider
Do ladies in real life ask you for 2 or 3 references with email and phone number and something to remember you by? Will a real-life lady refuse to go out with you if you haven't had 2 or 3 verifiable dates in the last 6 months?

On the other hand, I don't know that the scheduling part is much different, and meeting candidate ladies in the civilian world is probably much more difficult. But then, I never said I had an active social life in real life, either. Maybe it's just me.
It's been so long since I've had a session I feel like a newbie....
It's possible it may get tougher for newbies after reading about that eccie lawsuit in the Dallas observer. Sorry guys!
  • Lahk
  • 06-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Never got that far (at least not yet). More than 2 years on this board and still a newbie, at least in the sense that the OP means. I've had P411 for 2 years and never used it. Why? Just can't mentally get over the barrier of screening and scheduling. (Let's not get diverted into a discussion of how important screening is for everyone's safety and security. I know and I get it.) It's more a matter of convenience. Decide I'm in the mood and an SC is only a short drive away. Want more? AMPs seem like the logical next (convenient) choice. Not saying I expect anything to change in the Indy world and I certainly don't have an answer. Just the viewpoint from where I sit, at least for the time being. Originally Posted by billw1032
I'm right there with you on the convenience of SC's and AMPs. I visited a couple newbie friendly providers a year or two ago through P411, but trying to build on that and keep "recent" references just became too much of a scheduling hassle. Having to schedule a visit several days to a week out, only to have providers stop communicating or NCNS just doesn't compare to the flexibility and convenience of just picking up and heading to a SC or AMP whenever you feel like it. And SCs/AMPs don't want to collect your personal information either.

More power to you guys that get your foot in the door of this hobbying world. This website and your stories make the days more entertaining for the lurkers like me.