CHALK ONE UP FOR THE GOOD GUYS...

Wonder if the media will report on the "latin male" being an illegal career criminal (or not)......

"A robber who tried to make off with a woman's gold necklace ended up losing his life for the theft. It all occurred in a parking lot outside a Northwest Dallas grocery store.

On October 28 at about 7:20 pm, patrol officers responded to a shooting at the Aldi at 3128 Forest Ln. near Webb Chapel. A husband and wife were walking out of the store when a Latin male suddenly approached the woman and grabbed the gold necklace off her neck.

The robber then knocked the woman to the ground in an attempt to rob her. Ronnie Lummus, the woman's husband, was carrying a concealed handgun and fired multiple shots at the thief, striking him as he ran for his vehicle nearby. He got into the car and attempted to flee before succumbing to his injuries. His car then collided with a car parked nearby.

Lummus, 71, possesses a valid concealed handgun license, and he was in fear for his life and that of his wife.

Homicide detectives who responded to the call interviewed Lummus, his wife and other witnesses, who all corroborated that the shooting was in self-defense. Lummus was released on his own recognizance.

The Latin male, who was 36 years old, has tentatively been identified, but his name will not be released until next of kin has been notified."

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/ci...h-dallas-shot/
chalk one up for the Seniors... nice to see an older guy pop a cap on a younger Punk, who got what was coming to him..
Now watch. >sarcastic tone ON< The family of the thief is gonna sue the old guy because their poor-poor misunderstood yuuf didn't deserve to die over a gold necklace. >sarcastic tone OFF<

Why can't we go back to the notion that if you die doing something stupid it's your own freaking fault and no one else's.
If the bad guys hung around any CHL classes, they'd realize that a high number of participants are retirees, and maybe they'd think twice about assuming everyone over 65 is an easy target.
"striking him as he ran"............I hope Mr. Lummus doesn't face charges. Sounds like the assailant was fleeing and there was no real imminent threat ?????

What am I missing. DA Watkins isn't a real fan of the stand your ground defense.
If the bad guys hung around any CHL classes, they'd realize that a high number of participants are retirees, and maybe they'd think twice about assuming everyone over 65 is an easy target. Originally Posted by TinMan
My first course it was ~70% women. Meeeeean women too. The re-qualifying courses however were sausage fests.
My first course it was ~70% women. Meeeeean women too. The re-qualifying courses however were sausage fests. Originally Posted by Hercules
I'm sure it varies a lot more than what I implied in my first post. The thing is, I'm seeing a lot of people at the range that the creeps probably think are easy targets. It isn't nearly as young-male dominated as it used to be.

And that's a good thing.
Now watch. >sarcastic tone ON< The family of the thief is gonna sue the old guy because their poor-poor misunderstood yuuf didn't deserve to die over a gold necklace. >sarcastic tone OFF<

Why can't we go back to the notion that if you die doing something stupid it's your own freaking fault and no one else's. Originally Posted by Hercules
I saw a story the other day where some 15 year old punk stole a car, was speeding, and got pulled over. When the officer approached the car he sped off, lost control, crashed into a tree (or something that didn't move), and died. Now his mother wants to sue the department for causing her poor innocent son's death.
"striking him as he ran"............I hope Mr. Lummus doesn't face charges. Sounds like the assailant was fleeing and there was no real imminent threat ?????

What am I missing. DA Watkins isn't a real fan of the stand your ground defense. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Yea that doesn't sound like their life was in danger, just a scared old man who wasn't going to let the culprit getaway
Old fuckers do not fight fair.

What am I missing. DA Watkins isn't a real fan of the stand your ground defense. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
you're missing the fact that the Punk had made off with her jewelry.. which according to Texas law, allows Lummus to shoot, if there is no other way to reasonably recover the stolen item..

SHOOT TO KILL! SHOOT TO THRILL!
If the robber were black, the senior would be on trial for shooting an unarmed black man while he was trying to get away from the confrontation...lol.

In Texas, a person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property and he reasonably believes that the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means.

Disclaimer: Stolen from comments from another news site on this same story.

Too lazy to look up the actual law.
you're missing the fact that the Punk had made off with her jewelry.. which according to Texas law, allows Lummus to shoot, if there is no other way to reasonably recover the stolen item..
Originally Posted by Chung Tran
In Texas, a person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property and he reasonably believes that the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means.

Disclaimer: Stolen from comments from another news site on this same story.

Too lazy to look up the actual law. Originally Posted by TonyStark
umm... why couldn't you just admit you stole it from ME?
umm... why couldn't you just admit you stole it from ME? Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Because like I said I was too lazy. And I doubt I copied your quote from another site. Unless you have brad in your handle at the other site.