NYC boutique hotels

So looking for yet another suggestion.

I'm having a bit of a party weekend in NYC, where I intend to indulge in the joys of over the top gothic fashion.

I'm looking for boutique hotels or B&Bs that allow guests privacy. I like the lower east side vibe a LOT, and normally stay at www.lafayettenyc.com - by far my favorite place to stay!

However it won't work for this trip.

And since I"m on the topic, best place I ever stayed in NYC:
innnewyorkcity.com
Good Evening Lauren;

The title says it all.

Not the 6 or 7 bedroom lodging house that 'Boutique Hotel' often means; rather this is a good sized but idiosyncratically designed full service hotel.

They have a private cinema and we have often held dinner parties at their hotels & then retired to the cinema for a movie of our choice.

Or you could always go for the 'Hollywood' choice; Soho House.

Do let us know your final destination.

Crosby Street Hotel

Good Night
Cyclops
I've stayed in a number of "boutique hotels" in Manhattan & elsewhere. While I can't say any of them have been sub-par & I can't fault the personalized service, I just don't get the allure. Maybe I'm just not hip or cool enough

And, totally superficially speaking, I'm not sure that I'd want to be friends with most of my fellow guests...

Oh & LS I'm assuming this is personal and you aren't trying to run business there...these places are wise to you within a day...
I love the Bowery Hotel!
www.theboweryhotel.com

The Gramercy Park
www.thegramercypark.com

Not sure if the Ace is quite a boutique, but it's a great place.
www.acehotel.com

Smyth Hotel
www.thompsonhotels.com

The Inn at Irving Place
www.innatirving.com
I stayed in the http://www.cityclubhotel.com/ once and I thought it was cute (antique meets modern decor). Suites start at $900.

Good luck with your search!
I agree with the Crosby Street Hotel and to a lesser degree the Gramercy Park Hotel. The latter is a bit too trendy and cutting edge for me, but the key to the park is nice.

Also, try the Hotel Giraffe, the Library Hotel, the Surrey, and the Hotel Elysee.
Also, try the Hotel Giraffe Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Agree, Giraffe is a decent choice and probably in terms of price (if that is a consideration) is (or at least was) cheaper than most of the others.
I wil have to second the Library Hotel. It seems to be turning into my home away from home here recently.
Hotel Giraffe is a nice choice.
There's live piano music and complimentary wine & cheese served in the lobby. This adds a nice touch when meeting friends....

Cheers,
Hanna
Have stayed at both Hotel Giraffe and Library Hotel. Both were very enjoyable boutique hotels.
I think you'll like Thompson LES. The rooms are on the smaller size but have great design features and fantastic bathrooms; it also has a small pool and a decent restaurant featuring a fellow Canadian chef. And as a bonus, the front-desk staff are very good looking Plus, you'll fit right in with an over the top gothic outfit in Lower East Side.

I also recommend Crosby Street Hotel and the Soho (although I can't really picture the goth outfit in the latter).