Women in Combat

Prove it, bitch! No other proof is necessary. You’ve indicted yourself with your own posts, you pretentious jackass.

I'm not ignoring anything. I proudly admit I insulted you. Firmly establishing once again you’re a pretentious jackass. You deserve it. BTW, why did you put quote marks around "ignoring"? Figure it out for yourself, you pretentious jackass. You weren't using it in any special way. Is it pretentious to point that out? Your simple lack of cognitive skills doesn’t negate your pretentiousness, you pretentious jackass.

Actually, I'm not defending LL or taking ANY position on the subject of this thread, which I find boring. I just joined in because I wanted to point out what a twat you are. Thus firmly establishing still again that you’re a pretentious and small-minded jackass that is entertained by small-minded amusements. My sole purpose was to attack you. It's such fun. Tsk, tsk, tsk, that you should so dedicate your life to such small-minded pursuits; further, you’ve obviously entered a contest for which you are not intellectually prepared, you pretentious jackass.

Yes, it was. That was the whole fucking point of your post, wasn't it? That she had served in actual combat. NOT that she was stationed in a unit that might one day go into combat. You just posted some shit without reading it and didn't want to retract it. You’re just further illustrating your own ignorance and illiteracy, you pretentious jackass. Go back and re-read the thread. Reference was made to women who could serve as equals in a COMBAT unit. Cathay Williams and the other – NOTE, you pretentious jackass, 'other' – women proffered as example did just that, you ignorant, illiterate and pretentious jackass! Cathay Williams' duties with the 38th Infantry were not unlike those performed by millions of COMBAT soldiers that have served along the 38th Parallel in Korea since the armistice in 1954 and the millions more that served in COMBAT units stationed along the Fulda Gap between 1945 and 1989, you pretentious jackass.

Ah, there it is again. You have NO idea what my circumstances were or are. And yet somehow you think you know. Who is pretentious now, little twat? In fact, I had employment opportunities in NY, Silicon Valley, VA (near DC) and Dallas. I chose Dallas for a bunch of reasons. First and foremost you found Dallas because your lame-ass couldn’t find employment in your lame-ass Yankee state of choice, you pretentious jackass.

You see, this is yet more reason to conclude you are stupid twat. Most folks would see a handle like "ExNYer" and think "He got out - musta found something better". But, not you. You think "He must long to be there". Why? Because you're a stupid twat.. You cry in your fucking sleep because you couldn’t get a job in that liberal nest of snakes you call home, you pretentious jackass.

I do NOT vilify Southerners. Just stupid twat bigots like you who wax nostalgic for the Confederacy. Bull-fucking-shit! You vilified AG Edward Bates and author Shelby Foote as being reactionary southerners, and ignorantly tried to do the same to the northern born author, James M. McPherson, you pretentious jackass. I'm actually quite fond ofSoutherners and feel contempt whenprogressive assholes like Bill Maher look down on red state folks for their religiosity, patriotism, etc. But that still doesn't excuse the small minority of Confederate sympathizers longing for the good old days when you could own"nigras". The only person hanged by Lincoln during the Civil War for engaging in the slave trade was a Yankee, you pretentious and ignorant jackass! In the years leading up to the Civil War, greater than 50% of New York's exports were the product of slave labor, and New York City was the epicenter of outfitting slave ships! So fuck you and you're hypocritical and condescending "liberal" brethren who ignorantly ignore how the North pocketed some 40% of every fucking dollar profit made off southern, slave-picked cotton.

Sorry, but i do not have ANY intellectual wants or moral faiiingsand neither do Southerners who think like me. Now run along little twat, you bore me. You have several, you pretentious jackass. You’re ignorant to a fault, you’re prejudiced, you’re arrogantly pretentious and you are too easily amused by small-minded pursuits.

It is so painfully evident that you have a HUGE inferiority complex when it comes to northerners in general and New York in particular. And it colors all your thinking and makes you act like a little twat. Pretentious Yankees like you who have their noses stuck so far in the air that they nearly drown in a light rain are laughable, you pretentious jackass.

Originally Posted by ExNYer
Without justification or substantive fact, you’ve continued to attack and trivialize the service record of women who demonstrated they could meet the standards and expectations required of their male counterparts in a combat unit. Your POV has been revealed as superficial and wanting. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Are YOU referencing your citing of anecdotal stories of women during the civil war?

What "service record of women"? Their own stories related for generations?

That's not a "service record" ... that's a post of prowess on an SOB board!
Are YOU referencing your citing of anecdotal stories of women during the civil war?

What "service record of women"? Their own stories related for generations?

That's not a "service record" ... that's a post of prowess on an SOB board! Originally Posted by LexusLover
The references were cited above, iLLiterate, but once again your limited reading comprehension skills betray your intellectual weakness. The women's records are documented by service records and newspaper accounts.

Cathay Williams enlisted in 1866, as stated above; thus, she obviously did not serve during the Civil War. Williams' story as a black woman in the U.S. Army is an interesting anecdote in this nation's history, and your inane belittling of her service – during Black History Month – reflects your diminutive cognitive abilities.

In each and every case these women served as equals – without accommodation – to their male counterparts. Your attempts to belittle and dismiss their service is more nonsensical than any shortcomings you so fallaciously ascribe to them.
....and your inane belittling of her service – during Black History Month – reflects your diminutive cognitive abilities.

In each and every case these women served as equals – without accommodation – to their male counterparts. ... Originally Posted by I B Hankering
#1: Is that your "race card" for the day?
#2: And you know "these women served as equals" how? Devine Osmosis?
And "without accommodation" how? Again, Devine Osmosis?

If you are going to make up shit, at least do it in such away so that it has a sliver of credibility in the articles you cite as support for you fantasies.
Understand your concern for the ladies in your family. Men might not want women to join but women pushed so they could and finally got their way. They don't let women do everything, and limit them. There are some ladies more masculine than some men. Once I met a young lady who joined who basically expressed she was joining to be among many men having intentions of doing other things then what would be asked of her to serve her country. It is what it is and not worth getting emotional about.
#1: Is that your "race card" for the day?
#2: And you know "these women served as equals" how? Devine Osmosis?
And "without accommodation" how? Again, Devine Osmosis?

If you are going to make up shit, at least do it in such away so that it has a sliver of credibility in the articles you cite as support for you fantasies. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Your posts are what lack credibility, iLLiterate. It’s your miscreant attempts to misclassify the service of these women as irrelevant and non-substantive that lacks credibility, iLLiterate. These women’s service records and contemporary newspaper accounts document their service as “equals”, and that they served for months or years without being discovered as females underscores that fact. You shoulder a 9 lb, 58 inch long rifle with accompanying 50 lb backpack and other military accoutrement, and then you march over five hundred miles across streams, rivers and desert and prove you’re Williams’ equal, iLLiterate. When you do that, you’ll have some credibility, but until then you are a pusillanimous miscreant.

BTW, pulling the trigger on that rifle is a whole hellava lot easier than lugging it about for 500 miles, and, btw, bayonet practice was much more frequent than marksmanship training during that era -- so add another eighteen inches to the rifle's ovrall length and add another pound or two to that weapon's weight; then lunge, thrust and parry for a couple of hours under a hot, desert sun and the caring mentorship of a hard-case NCO. That experience would give you some credibilty, iLLiterate. But until then, you have none!
Mr Hankering, I'm sure a few women can handle it. The only way to know for sure if women can handle it over time would be to create some real battles between all female units against some evenly equipped all male units, and see who wins the battles. Repeat that scenario several hundred times in the desert, the mountains, the cities, the countryside until the results are statistically significant.
Unless we want people to kill each other like that, we are going to have to use common sense and realize the loss of unit effectiveness and our very core identity isn't worth it to make a few feminist bitches happy.
Mr Hankering, I'm sure a few women can handle it. The only way to know for sure if women can handle it over time would be to create some real battles between all female units against some evenly equipped all male units, and see who wins the battles. Repeat that scenario several hundred times in the desert, the mountains, the cities, the countryside until the results are statistically significant.
Unless we want people to kill each other like that, we are going to have to use common sense and realize the loss of unit effectiveness and our very core identity isn't worth it to make a few feminist bitches happy. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I disagree with your selection process. The standards have already been set, and those are the standards that should be adhered to. My position hasn't changed: http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...1&postcount=46

Something like 400 women served in both armies during the Civil War. That's not very many, so that conforms to my original premise.

I was introduced to the Cathay Williams story when I was stationed at Ft Huachuca during the 90's. There is a great museum there, and it documents the service of the 'Buffalo Soldiers'. I saw the exhibits wherein Williams' story was told. Williams' unit, the 38th Infantry, was subjected to random 'sniping attacks' while stationed at Ft Bayard, and there were a few incidental casualties. Regardless of whether Williams actually shot at Apaches during one of those 'sniping attacks' while she happened to be on patrol or performing sentinel duty is of no real consequence. Her story is still remarkable and out of the ordinary, and that is why I offered her story as anecdotal history. Marching over 500 miles carrying a Model 1861 Springfield rifle with pack and other accoutrement is a remarkable physical feat for any woman.
The story just gets better and better. As stories usually do.

Why don't you just leave her to tell her own story?
...and your inane belittling of her service – during Black History Month – reflects your diminutive cognitive abilities. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
LOL. Oh, sweet Jesus that is fucking rich. That is the funniest thing I have read on this board all day.

Our resident Confederate sympathizer is all a-flutter over failure to pay proper respect to Black History Month.

There really is no bottom with you, is there, little twat? Just when I think you can't go any lower, you take it down another notch.

Like LL wrote, you played the race card. And you did it so you could act all aggrieved. You are as phony as a three dollar bill, twat.

IBHankerwrong stands up for Black History Month! We have entered the Twilight Zone.
LOL. Oh, sweet Jesus that is fucking rich. That is the funniest thing I have read on this board all day.

Our resident Confederate sympathizer is all a-flutter over failure to pay proper respect to Black History Month.

There really is no bottom with you, is there, little twat? Just when I think you can't go any lower, you take it down another notch.

Like LL wrote, you played the race card. And you did it so you could act all aggrieved. You are as phony as a three dollar bill, twat.

IBHankerwrong stands up for Black History Month! We have entered the Twilight Zone.
With that, we can agree! Excellent post!

Shhhh, don't tell I B Lying & Crying tht Cathay Williams would have most certainly been an Obama supporter if she lived in this day and age.
Cathay Williams would have most certainly been an Obama supporter if she lived in this day and age. Originally Posted by bigtex
Can you PROVE that, BigTurdLittleDick? I got 5 Benji's that say you can't prove that. C'mon, prove your a man, take my bet.

You've always lived in the Twilight Zone, you pretentious jackass. It's a congenital defect that all Yankee liberals such as your self suffer from. Once again you've demonstrated what a pretentious jack-ASS you really are with your pretentious ASS-umptions.

With that, we can agree! Excellent post!

Shhhh, don't tell I B Lying & Crying tht Cathay Williams would have most certainly been an Obama supporter if she lived in this day and age. Originally Posted by bigtex
Wipe your hands, BigKoTex. You're smearing shit all over the forum with your nasty-ass stinky-pinky. BTW, BigKoTex, you ignorant dumb-fuck, PVT Cathay Williams entirely supported the Republican agenda during the 1861-1876 time frame.
Understand your concern for the ladies in your family. Men might not want women to join but women pushed so they could and finally got their way. They don't let women do everything, and limit them. There are some ladies more masculine than some men. Once I met a young lady who joined who basically expressed she was joining to be among many men having intentions of doing other things then what would be asked of her to serve her country. It is what it is and not worth getting emotional about. Originally Posted by xoxoalice
No doubt about it!

Democrat Senator Al Franken

Democrat Supreme Court justice Elena Kagan.
Can you PROVE that, BigTurdLittleDick? I got 5 Benji's that say you can't prove that. C'mon, prove your a man, take my bet.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I've got 5 Benji's that says you can't prove that she wouldn't! Dipshit!