American Hero

TEXAS PROUD....

and don't murder his dog... He will hunt you down...

His Hit Movie... If you have a soul, you will get misty...

American Hero...no
Survivor...yes
A military member doing his job that survives a mission that when horribly wrong and survives the ordeal doesn't automatically make them a hero, it makes you a person who used all the training and skills they learned to stay alive, evade the enemy, and return home.
It always seem to me the person that throw the word hero around the most aren't the ones who wear the uniform
American Hero...no
Survivor...yes
A military member doing his job that survives a mission that when horribly wrong and survives the ordeal doesn't automatically make them a hero, it makes you a person who used all the training and skills they learned to stay alive, evade the enemy, and return home.
It always seem to me the person that throw the word hero around the most aren't the ones who wear the uniform Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
Each, to their own...
I would love to hear some examples of Heros from McDreamy. Maybe Hillary? Definitely not Sergeant York. Maybe Nancy Pelosi? Can't be Audie Murphy. How about Oprah? Sure isn't Micheal Murphy. Maybe a hero to McDreamy is the Partriot's Brady? It wouldn't be Dolittle. Maybe a hero to McDreamy is an illegal aliean walking into New Mexico with a bale of dope on their back? It sure isn't any of the first responders on 9/11.

Is this your hero?

I would love to hear some examples of Heros from McDreamy. Maybe Hillary? Definitely not Sergeant York. Maybe Nancy Pelosi? Can't be Audie Murphy. How about Oprah? Sure isn't Micheal Murphy. Maybe a hero to McDreamy is the Partriot's Brady? It wouldn't be Dolittle. Maybe a hero to McDreamy is an illegal aliean walking into New Mexico with a bale of dope on their back? It sure isn't any of the first responders on 9/11.

Is this your hero?

Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Are you ever up to the task of having a civil discourse without imbecilic characterizaton?
  • Old-T
  • 01-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Are you ever up to the task of having a civil discourse without imbecilic characterizaton? Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
JD used to be one of the RWers who actually made some good points in some of his posts. In the past couple weeks he seems to have contracted IB disease or Whirley disease.
JD used to be one of the RWers who actually made some good points in some of his posts. In the past couple weeks he seems to have contracted IB disease or Whirley disease. Originally Posted by Old-T
You're equally guilty of every absurdly ignorant accusation you make, Old-Twerp: the Hypocrite and Prophylactic Man.
You're equally guilty of every absurdly ignorant accusation you make, Old-Twerp: the Hypocrite and Prophylactic Man. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Who names their child SEVEN words, including two punctuation marks?

No wonder fat slovenly IBOscar is childless....
If I detect signs of an intelligence discussion then you get one back but I picked up a bug apparently from CJ. It is a very mild case though. I think CJ is terminal.

but I notice that you still haven't answered the question I asked, what is YOUR definition of a hero. We (the US military via the US goverment) train these guys to survive but you can only do so much. Some of these individuals go far beyond what their training gave them. You take someone like LT. Murphy. He was trained to fight, to lead, and get the job done. He gave his life so that his men might have a chance of living. You don't teach that anywhere. That is a choice made by an extraordinary person. I DO call that a hero and I did wear a uniform.
We know your (hero's) are Rambo Steven Segall and George Zimmerman JD.
American Hero...no
Survivor...yes
It always seem to me the person that throw the word hero around the most aren't the ones who wear the uniform Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
Actually, I'm with JDBarleycorn on this one.

Can you tell us who or what your idea of a hero is?
Can you tell us who or what your idea of a hero is? Originally Posted by ExNYer
You have to ask? His hero is Obama obviously.
I found dreamys hero.

We know your (hero's) are Rambo Steven Segall and George Zimmerman JD. Originally Posted by i'va biggen

You don't care much for punctuation do you. English is a second langauge?
You don't care much for punctuation do you. English is a second langauge? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

I write at your level, don't want to confuse your ADD.