Provider poll: birth control. Yes, no, nunya business.

Just curious from providers perspective.

What percentage of you ladies use birth control to backup CFS when you provide?

Vote yes, no, no because of medical concern, or none of a clients business?

Just curious about the responses. This poll is not anonymous.

I voted no, I do not use birth control, but I also think it is none of the clients business as to if I use it or not. I never worry about getting pregnant and quite frankly if I though that would happen, I would not be in this business for another second. Having to get an abortion or getting knocked up by a client are risks that no amount of money can make me feel okay about.
Hey waverunner

Are you a provider? Do you see guys in session? Because you aren't a provider. Not that anythings wrong with that.............
I voted none of my client's business. But, the reasons I voted that way are probably different from others. I do use BC for a number of reasons that I don't have to explain to anyone. I also use a certain TYPE of BC for a number of reasons that I don't have to explain to anyone. But, when I am with someone and they ask me "What's that?", I have to be honest. I always find myself in an uncomfortable position because when I say it's BC, the response is always "Don't you always use protection?", a look of questionable curiosity, or a combination of the two. So, for me, it's not necessarily none of the client's business as to whether or not I use BC because they have every right to know what "that" is should they happen to feel it. It's more about not questioning me about why or making assumptions.

Now, if I was using a different method of BC, I would've still voted the same way. Regardless to whether a lady chooses to use it or not, it's a very personal choice. To question a working lady about it is a bit intrusive IMO. It may also cause her to question you as well.
I do use birth control,(obviously not a the moment), but I don't think it is a client's business. With that said, should an 'accident' ever occur, I would have no problems with someone asking about it as I understand the need for reassurance, but is a bit intrusive of a question to just randomly ask before things get started...for me personally anyways...
I have charted all their cycles and know when to avoid,

i have it on my fridge
I have charted all their cycles and know when to avoid,

i have it on my fridge Originally Posted by JONBALLS

Funny man..

I have an IUD, I have no issues telling men I have one, I am happy I do. I do it for more than just Birth control..here is why

1. No monthly periods
2. No Monthly Cramps
3. No Smelly odors
4. Lasts for 5 years so no forgetting it
5. Safe in case of accidents.

It has a monthly release of hormones so the only mood swings I get are self induced!!
Funny man..

I have an IUD, I have no issues telling men I have one, I am happy I do. I do it for more than just Birth control..here is why

1. No monthly periods
2. No Monthly Cramps
3. No Smelly odors
4. Lasts for 5 years so no forgetting it
5. Safe in case of accidents.

It has a monthly release of hormones so the only mood swings I get are self induced!! Originally Posted by Charlotte Carrington
Sounds like heaven. I need to get on that stuff.
Yes absolutely. In case something breaks it's always essential to have backup.
I don't have any experience with IUD's, but if a guy gets a bit frisky, isn't there a risk of it piercing or even becoming embedded in the uterus?
@ gimme..... funny!
An IUD is inside of your uterus. If you are allowing people to hit your cervix hard enough to make it pierce you internally you are ALREADY damaging yourself.
Hormonal BC is poison. Was on it from 14 to 21 and will NEVER get back on it. Now if an accident happens I'll submit to the morning after pill. But I've never had the condom break.
Just curious from providers perspective.

What percentage of you ladies use birth control to backup CFS when you provide?

Vote yes, no, no because of medical concern, or none of a clients business?

Just curious about the responses. This poll is not anonymous. Originally Posted by gimme_that
you should have made that poll anonymous. its a very personal question to be asking in a poll.
That's why I posted the choice for "none of a client business." And because I can't generally tell definitively if a lady voted since this is coed, I figured it would be better served in open view.

I don't believe in either scernario whether she use bc or not it would affect a guys desiccion to see her. Maybe it could, but a lot of guys aren't concerned about that until something occurs.

Maybe if you condom pops she could do a fifty dollar upcharges for the morning after pill..................

I figured also on the whole we could get ladies perspectives as to why some may not use it as opposed to others. In my opinion this isn't something I ask, but if a situation deems necessary for it (knocking on wood it won't) itt would be good to know.