Dem warning: Obama could lose Wisconsin

Dem warning: Obama could lose Wisconsin

October 28, 2012
27Comments

President Barack Obama waves as he leaves the White House in Washington for a campaign trip to Los Angeles, Calif., Sunday, Oct. 7, 2012. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)

Alan Blinder

Staff Reporter, D.C. City Hall

The Washington Examiner @alanblinder Alan on FB

More Photos

View More
Related Articles

Popular in Politics
  1. Axelrod: Romney camp won’t be saved by a bad jobs report
  2. Dem warning: Obama could lose Wisconsin
  3. A newspaper endorsement that may matter
  4. Obama dispatches election lawyers 'all across the country'
  5. Who is the real extremist on abortion?

MILWAUKEE – The Democratic mayor of Denver said Sunday that President Obama could lose the battleground state of Wisconsin if the incumbent’s supporters fail to increase early voter turnout in the Badger State.
“If the election was held today, President Barack Obama would lose the state of Wisconsin because where his base is, we have not turned out the vote early," Mayor Michael Hancock told a Democratic rally. "The suburbs and rural parts of Wisconsin – the Republican base – are voting. President Obama’s base has yet to go vote.
"We've got to get our people to go vote," Hancock said.
Early voting, which began in Wisconsin on Oct. 22, is a central component of Obama’s strategy to win the state. The president won Wisconsin four years ago by 14 percentage points, but recent polls show the race with Republican Mitt Romney tightening, and that is fueling Republican enthusiasm about their chances of seizing the state.
In a later interview with The Washington Examiner, Hancock said he was confident Obama would emerge from Wisconsin victorious.
“There’s a great deal of enthusiasm,” Hancock said. “We expect clearly that President Obama will win the state of Wisconsin.”
But he also said that it’s vital for Obama’s base to make it to the polls in Wisconsin.
“This is a very close race, and the point we’re trying to make is make sure the base shows up, turns out and begins to vote early,” Hancock said. “I saw where the votes were rolling in, and I said we’ve got to make sure that where the president’s base is, they get out and vote.”
The Washington Examiner -- a bully pulpit for Colorado Billionaire Phillip Anschutz, not published in Washington, but Springfield.

Right wing sleaze delivered to thousands of homes whether they subscribed to it or not. In fact, a history of complaints from residents who were unable to unsubscribe.

Read more about this bastion of public information. That it's a favorite source of info here makes perfect sense!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Examiner
No it will be in the same place after the election.It won't be lost.
I got the shit beat out of me in Wisconsin once.

They got good beer though.
I got the shit beat out of me in Wisconsin once. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
I'm sure that happens to you a lot.
I got the shit beat out of me in Wisconsin once. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Was that the time you yelled out "Laverne and Shirley Suck!" at a Packers game?

I hope Wisconsin goes Romney just so I can see Ed Schultz go apederp on MSNBC.
You mean a democrat says Wisconsin is "trending Romney" ???????????
[QUOTE=Was that the time you yelled out "Laverne and Shirley Suck!" at a Packers game?.[/QUOTE]

no.......It was because I'm black.
WELL THIS BULLSHIT TURNED OUT TO BE WRONG.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA