Gold Class Cinema

Had the opportunity to go to Gold Class Cinema at the Domain over the weekend. If you happen to be looking for the ultimate movie going experience, this is it.

Not cheap, $28 a ticket, only about 40 seats in the theatre, big plush reclining chairs, full bar, food(real food), waiter service, blankets & pillows.

Great way to see a movie.

http://www.goldclasscinemas.com/Thea...stin-Texas.htm
Is the service better than it was (totally disorganized..) when they first opened? That's a lot of $$ to see some of the crap that comes our way from H-wood...
With the VIP annual pass, it's great. I just hope they have enough movies to keep me attending. This is something that should have come to Austin long ago. LOVE IT
I agree it a great experiance. Although the last time I went a couple of weeks ago the food wasn't good at all. The 4 or 5 previous times it wasn't bad.
With the VIP annual pass, it's great. I just hope they have enough movies to keep me attending. This is something that should have come to Austin long ago. LOVE IT Originally Posted by nuglet
Nuglet,

okay, $56 for two people just to get through the doors. With food you're probably talking about close to $100 for movie and dinner, give or take a few dollars. Now I am anything but a cheapskate (paid to get into The Jungle several times, LOL) but that is steep for me. If you've ever gone to the Cedar Park movie theatre on 1431, the seats there are outstanding and it costs me $13 to get in. Then I have quite a bit of money for a nice dinner.

Not arguing with you -- just seems like a very steep price for what you get. What does the VIP pass cost?
I went to the Gold Class a few weeks ago and I was, um, sort of disappointed. For the money you spend, the food should be MUCH better. Give me the Alamo Draft House any day. Half the price and they can keep the recliner and the blankie.