Speaking of Stings, should you be careful about "outting" them on here or elsewhere?

Not sure how many of you have been following the news story of the Omaha bar/restaurant owner that took some pictures of a couple of minors that attempted to purchase alcohol with their real, underage ID's.
He tweeted out the pictures with a warning about some sting going on and that it would hurt your business if you were busted by selling to minors.
Well according to the state patrol that ruined their chance to "catch" any more establishments that night so they somehow convinced a city prosecutor to charge him with something like ruining a government operation.
WTF?
So fucking stupid of a prosecutor to even take that action but maybe he had a debt to settle with the Patrol.
Guy was fortunately found not guilty but still......

Where you hear about a sting or are involved with one and you come on here and post it......well?

Not trying to chill the sharing of information, just sayin'...
I was following the Omaha bar issue. It's total bullshit but I too was wondering if that could happen here as well. I still like the heads up when something happens in the area though. Everyone stay safe!!
Don't over the road truckers alert other truckers with there CB radios about speed traps ? Isn't that impairing the Patrol from making busts ? Stupid shit to take to court.
Hell Joehoff over here in IA, a few yrs ago, I recall someone ticketed for flashing their lights at on coming traffic warning them of speed trap waiting them! WTF? Duno what ever become of it tho.
Hell Joehoff over here in IA, a few yrs ago, I recall someone ticketed for flashing their lights at on coming traffic warning them of speed trap waiting them! WTF? Duno what ever become of it tho. Originally Posted by tinman483

If it's the same case the guy took the State to court. In the end a Federal court ruled that flashing oncoming cars to warn of a speed trap is protected by the 1st Amendment.

As for the rest, if you are ticketed you can say what you want since it's public at that point. The media play along and dont report stings until they are wrapped, although you can say whatever you want. I would assume LE tells you to keep quiet and many people are not going to spout they'd been arrested.

Saying that we did have a provider come here and tell everyone where and how she had been arrested, pretty much right after it happened.
Ummm... Radar detectors.