Need help to transfer text messages to computer

Yes, I should have got a hobby phone a long time ago, but started doing this before I met my SO and didn’t see the need then. Hindsight is still 20/20!

Looking for a way to move or copy text messages from my phone to my computer, preferably with attached photos, so my SO can’t find them on my phone, but I can still keep them. I have a Samsung S6, with no SD card, so it needs to work by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB connection.

The apps I’ve found so far don’t maintain the appearance like on the phone, but show as a very long Notepad file, and don’t keep the attached photos.

Would also like an app to hide them on the phone, but I’m told that is too old to support that feature; if no alternative, I may have to buy a newer phone.

I’m probably not the only one with this problem, and I’m sure someone smarter than I am has a solution.

Thanks!
I think you can go to the message settings and make them a hidden folder. Or you can screen shot the messages you want to save and email them to yourself. You may need to google where the folder is in that particular phone and encrypt them so you need a password everytime you want to read the text messages. Or just put a new lock pin on the phone.
Place this in Google "Transfer android message to computer"
How about just use Google Voice
When a good friend died, I wanted to save all of our 1000's of old messages. I have an iPhone and found a program that worked well enough. I searched for a similar one for your phone. This is what I found. Hope it works for you.

https://www.tunesbro.com/transfer-me...-computer.html
  • HUMP!
  • 11-18-2018, 05:40 PM
OP, I save the session photos I take on a dropbox. com account. Then delete from phone.

You could access your dropbox account from anywhere. Maybe that would work for you. It works well for photos, but I'm not sure how you would get the messages saved up there though.
If OP is like me, there are 1000's of text and it is too burdensome to copy them a stream at a time. The macro thingy worked great for me. Downloaded them like a chat log.
Switch to apple all my iMessages automatically pop on my laptop when I get them - hope that helps
Place this in Google "Transfer android message to computer" Originally Posted by instfixer
Thanks to everyone for your help.

I thought I had tried searching for all possibilities, but this one worked best! Was able to transfer attached photos, as well.

Now, if I could only hide or make private selected texts!
Switch to apple all my iMessages automatically pop on my laptop when I get them - hope that helps Originally Posted by Ginger Bread Girl
How does that help?
He has a phone NOW that he needs the messages to be saved.
Not get an IPhone and THEN save the messages.

Anything apple has Android has 100 different ways to do it.
He just has to learn how to use google.

It is also scary as hell that hookers archive messages and keep them.