How Long Before Democrats Drive The Country Off A Cliff?

With help of the complicit media?

Other than interest rates and their affect on the National Debt most everything is going great. Yesterday tech took a nosedive. But everywhere the fundamentals are great: record unemployment, record consumer confidence, wage increases in a long time, GDP growth not seen in decades, gas prices down, the list of wins is incredible. Again other than interest rates one could say there's no more upside.

And yet the Republicans had significant loses in the House despite fantastic economic news. The only thing I can point to is the non-stop droning of the media about "fake news." Some guy is killed in a Saudi Embassy and you'd think President Trump shot a black kid at the Superbowl at mid-field. A small number of kids might have been separated from their alleged parents just like during the Obama administration and you'd think this country was having a moral crisis while abortion at 9 months goes unchallenged. Some woman makes an wholly unsubstantiated allegation about what happened nearly 40 years and the Senate goes ape shit. The Dems taunting "open borders" as a solution to "illegal immigration."

OK, I get why the Republicans lost seats in California and NY. They knew that was going to happen when they passed the Tax Bill and Californians couldn't take their state income tax off. But the losses in Houston are difficult to take. Basically all the local judges and other elected officials got wiped out through party votes.

I think the Dems race to the ditch started happening last week. Their solution: impeach Trump. They had two years and found nothing. It's time the media felt pressured and started holding the themselves and the Dems accountable.
  • WTF
  • 11-20-2018, 08:19 AM
Hopefully sooner rather than later if you're on the bus!
And yet the Republicans had significant loses in the House despite fantastic economic news. The only thing I can point to is the non-stop droning of the media about "fake news." Originally Posted by gnadfly
I guess that Clown Donald Trump and his circus administration had nothing to do with the Republicans losing all those House seats.
  • WTF
  • 11-20-2018, 08:31 AM
I guess that Clown Donald Trump and his circus administration had nothing to do with the Republicans losing all those House seats. Originally Posted by PrettyBoyG
Yea that 'popular' Tax cut for the rich is losing its sugar high!

Maybe when the GOP starts cutting SS and Medicare the GOP will slow down that bus....not!
If you don't know why the repubs lost seats, it's not going to do any good to explain it to you.
And if you think Mueller is just stalling and has nothing, can't do anything about that either.

That just follows your reasoning that now that the dems have control of the house, they're responsible for any fuck ups over the next 2 years.

No, you just posted a trump point of view. You want credit for all the good stuff.
The dems are responsible for the bad.

Keep believing "fake news" cost you the elections.
It couldn't have been any of the 6000 + lies trump has told.

With help of the complicit media?

Other than interest rates and their affect on the National Debt most everything is going great. Yesterday tech took a nosedive. But everywhere the fundamentals are great: record unemployment, record consumer confidence, wage increases in a long time, GDP growth not seen in decades, gas prices down, the list of wins is incredible. Again other than interest rates one could say there's no more upside.

And yet the Republicans had significant loses in the House despite fantastic economic news. The only thing I can point to is the non-stop droning of the media about "fake news." Some guy is killed in a Saudi Embassy and you'd think President Trump shot a black kid at the Superbowl at mid-field. A small number of kids might have been separated from their alleged parents just like during the Obama administration and you'd think this country was having a moral crisis while abortion at 9 months goes unchallenged. Some woman makes an wholly unsubstantiated allegation about what happened nearly 40 years and the Senate goes ape shit. The Dems taunting "open borders" as a solution to "illegal immigration."

OK, I get why the Republicans lost seats in California and NY. They knew that was going to happen when they passed the Tax Bill and Californians couldn't take their state income tax off. But the losses in Houston are difficult to take. Basically all the local judges and other elected officials got wiped out through party votes.

I think the Dems race to the ditch started happening last week. Their solution: impeach Trump. They had two years and found nothing. It's time the media felt pressured and started holding the themselves and the Dems accountable. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I guess that Clown Donald Trump and his circus administration had nothing to do with the Republicans losing all those House seats. Originally Posted by PrettyBoyG
Evidently you didn't read the entirety of my post. I fully admit he was going to lose House seats in CA and NY due to parts of the tax reform package.

For the most part, the "circus administration" is a media construct. Almost every administration has problems starting out. Nothing compared to the SCJ Kavanaugh charade the Democrats put out.
Evidently you didn't read the entirety of my post. I fully admit he was going to lose House seats in CA and NY due to parts of the tax reform package.

For the most part, the "circus administration" is a media construct. Almost every administration has problems starting out. Nothing compared to the SCJ Kavanaugh charade the Democrats put out. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I agree. Letting Kavanaughty off the hook was just another shameful act of Mr Putin. Who's our next SCOTUS nominee, Whitaker?
For clarity, when I refer to Democrats driving the country off a cliff, I'm talking mostly about elected or appointed Federal and state Democrats and the DNC hierarchy - not people who read this thread and identify as "Democrat."
I agree. Letting Kavanaughty off the hook was just another shameful act of Mr Putin. Who's our next SCOTUS nominee, Whitaker? Originally Posted by themystic
Please stay on topic.
  • WTF
  • 11-20-2018, 12:42 PM

For the most part, the "circus administration" is a media construct. Almost every administration has problems starting out. Nothing compared to the SCJ Kavanaugh charade the Democrats put out. Originally Posted by gnadfly
The Democrats are not driving the bus, Trump is.
I agree. Letting Kavanaughty off the hook was just another shameful act of Mr Putin. Who's our next SCOTUS nominee, Whitaker? Originally Posted by themystic
Everyone knows the party in power often loses seats in off year elections.

Obama lost even more than Trump, so big deal.
  • WTF
  • 11-20-2018, 03:09 PM
Everyone knows the party in power often loses seats in off year elections.

Obama lost even more than Trump, so big deal. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Obama is not driving the bus, ff.
Nobody gives a shit about the House.

For President Trump's agenda, the Senate is far more important at this particular time.

It might take The Democrats a little while to realize this, but it's political reality.
Fucking libs drove it off the cliff 8 years ago. We just haven't hit bottom yet.
Nobody gives a shit about the house?
trump thy name is nobody.

You take trump at face value. He knows the investigations that are coming will prove what that value is. His hard outer shell will crack and reveal the slimeball inside. The bus needs maintenance.

The house controls the purse strings too. All the thoughtless deregulation for deregulation's sake.
Pruitt in charge of the EPA.
Jesus fucking Christ.
At what cost are we enriching trump and his douche-bag brigade?

There is nothing but cliffs no matter who is driving
Nobody gives a shit about the House.

For President Trump's agenda, the Senate is far more important at this particular time.

It might take The Democrats a little while to realize this, but it's political reality. Originally Posted by Jackie S