Chief Justice Roberts Rebukes President Trump.........

And gets it handed right back in the face.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/21/polit...ump/index.html

Roberts gave President Trump the usual "independent Judiciary" line, saying that Judges are non political and do not favor one political party or idealology over another.

President Trump tweeted back, to paraphrase....."What turnip patch did you just crawl out of".

The President then backed up is remarks to Roberts by sighting the overwhelming liberal bent of that 9th Curcuit out in California.

The President has made it plain that he's not taking any shit off of anybody. If Roberts wants to be so naive as to think the Judiciary doesn't play politics, then he needs to climb down from the ivory tower and get a dose of the real world.

This is not the first time the President has spoken out about the Chief Justice. He was particuarlilly peeved when Roberts in fact rewrote the Obama Care Law, declaring the individule mandate a tax, therefore being Constitutionally legal.

This was after President Obama and Nancy Peloci had spent an entire year telling everyone that there were no taxes involved in the Bill.
  • WTF
  • 11-21-2018, 05:25 PM
Well if it is political as Trump deems....he is picking a fight with someone that could decide his political fate. Not sure how smart that is.
What gets ME on this.. (just like we saw the liberals tear into trump's temp pick for AG), is they seem to be hammering them about what they said, as if all of a sudden, trump/the ag, lost their right to free speech..
Judge Roberts should as Judge Kennedy why he decided to retire under a Republican President and ask RBG why she’s holding out on her retirement.

Judge Roberts is terribly naive.
Perhaps that is the one thing that drives the liberals on this board so crazy, that no matter how much they hate Trump and try to hammer him with their useless drivel, as the OP stated so eloquently, "The President made it plain he's not taking any shit off of anybody" ..... as Trump ever so efficiently goes about the business of replacing them, one at a time .....
What Trump should have learned from the recent elections is that his tweets do more harm to his popularity than help it. I don't totally disagree with what Trump said but it was in his best interests not to say it. The statements appeal to his base. They will likely alienate a few more voters.
  • WTF
  • 11-22-2018, 06:48 AM
Judge Roberts should as Judge Kennedy why he decided to retire under a Republican President and ask RBG why she’s holding out on her retirement.

Judge Roberts is terribly naive. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
And Trump is a titty baby crying about the Courts.

Roberts is telling the stupid sob to stay in his lane and quit bashing his branch.

But like I said, Roberts will still be there long after Trump is gone.
Well if it is political as Trump deems....he is picking a fight with someone that could decide his political fate. Not sure how smart that is. Originally Posted by WTF
Perhaps a more sophisticated person would see it as both parties to this "fight" are just showing they are independent.

Justice Roberts is too liberal for me, anyway.

I liked Scalia, and those who are more conservative than him.

We need an Hispanic female who is more conservative than Scalia on the court, just to drive the liberals crazy, hopefully to the point of them withdrawing from politics and voluntarily paying more in taxes.
  • WTF
  • 11-22-2018, 10:36 AM

I liked Scalia,
Originally Posted by friendly fred
I like where he is currently residing.
I like where he is currently residing. Originally Posted by WTF
Hopefully he will be joined by RBG soon, very soon.
Justice Roberts is naive to think that liberal justices are politically neutral.
  • WTF
  • 11-22-2018, 08:32 PM
Justice Roberts is naive to think that liberal justices are politically neutral. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
The same can be said about conservative judges....what Roberts was actually saying to Trump was quit crying about the system.
The same can be said about conservative judges....what Roberts was actually saying to Trump was quit crying about the system. Originally Posted by WTF
Has there ever been a bigger cry baby than Donald Putin (formerly known as Trump) Vlad make him take his name since he is his bitch boy? In any profession. I cant think of one?
Has there ever been a bigger cry baby than hildebeest who has been whining and crying for two years now about losing her fixed coronation. And Putin made her his pawn and Odumbo was his bitch boy when he conned them into signing over 10% of the U.S. strategic uranium reserves. Putin had Odumbo broker a deal between Russia and Iran making Putin's Russia strategically more powerful in S.W. Asia than it had been theretofore. Originally Posted by themystic
FTFY

BTW, FDR whined and cried when the Supreme Court ruled several of his New Deal programs unconstitutional. FDR was so outraged that he created a court packing scheme that would jeopardize the existence of an independent judiciary. FDR's plan was so dangerous, even a dim controlled Congress refused to back him.
FTFY

BTW, FDR whined and cried when the Supreme Court ruled several of his New Deal programs unconstitutional. FDR was so outraged that he created a court packing scheme that would jeopardize the existence of an independent of the judiciary. FDR's plan was so dangerous, even a dim controlled Congress refused to back him.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
President Lincoln did the same during the Civil War. He told the Court that he had a war to win, so just shut the fuck up.

President Trump needs to use his executive power as Commander in Chief to simply close the border. Considering the circumstances, he would be on firm legal ground.