How long do you wait?

Good afternoon crew,

Newer guy here with a simple question but is there any etiquette on how long to wait for a provider? Seems they all run on daylight savings time (an hour behind) with appointments. I'd love to hear from the ladies too.
Thanks for the input.
Disclaimer- in no way do I speak with confidence on etiquette. Waiting is just part of the hobby. I can wait, I can also hurry up. However, hurry up and wait is the absolute worst.
I’ll wait a comparable time to the length of my scheduled appointment. I almost always do an hour so an hour. The exception to waiting is if, like I’m sure a lot of others on here, if I’ve scheduled to be available to play for a set amount of time including driving and waiting, and I have to get back to my regular life with work and social or family life, I will let the provider know. My pet peeve is waiting an hour for her to get ready (like a date, shower, fix her hair and makeup etc) and I show up and she looks like she just got out the bed. Damn, I mean I always (always) shower and shave and brush my teeth so that even if she doesn’t like the way I look, at least is smell pleasant lol.
The other thought is how long you wait for a text reply? Hell that’s always a moving target. My usual is to text 3 or 4 potential partners and whoever answers first, I follow up with.
Lastly, the ones who are good with comms and punctuality are the ones with repeat customers. It’s a show of mutual respect and goes a long way with me.
My 2 cents.
Just like work and school, I have a 15 minute rule for an hour appointment. If there no contact, I typically just leave at 10 after. I know I’m a dick about time because my time is valuable and fistine works fine in a pinch
You mean an hour late for an appointment?
Hi Kindall,
Thanks for chiming in. I'm talking about if I have an appointment at let's say noon. The provider says they will send me their info when I'm 10minutes out from the general area so I drive the 45 minutes that way. At ten minutes out, I advise I'm nearby and the radio goes silent. I wait until 1230 or so and still haven't heard anything. Is it fair to believe I've been ghosted?
  • Dedra
  • 04-05-2023, 08:22 AM
I don't even know where to start with this. First off you are way to kind to wait an hour. (especially with radio silence). You deserve better Things happens and people get tied up but having the person waiting for an hour without communication/explanation is disrespectful and unacceptable.
I had a situation where my zoom meeting for my day job ran over and I could not answer email for 15 min past our scheduled time and I felt terrible. I also learned a lesson on time management and scheduling. lol Thanks goodness it was a regular and he understood. I did try to make it up to my visiting friend
As far as the gentleman not showing up or communicating for an hour after telling me he is in route - he is sent to my NO SHOW list. There is no excuse for an hour or more of silence. Again I understand life happens but silence is just rude and the least he could do is compensate for the time I had blocked off for him.
Communication is key