Hypothetical # 1

Yes, there will be more. I was watching some of the Memorial Day movies this weekend and I want to pose a question; if you were the POTUS and absolute proof came about that showed Vietnam was still holding American POWs after 40 years, lets say the proof is a living POW from a camp in the outskirts of civilization, what would be your reaction and resulting orders?
Drone strike followed by bombardment with free cell phones.

Maybe an order of fries along with that.
I would make it a top priority to look for more.

I would start with non-invasive means. I would move satellites, use all channels of information and all possible resources short of American Forces on the ground. I would use all possible connections and favors owed.

I would have to depend on our "experts" do draw up options.

I would do everything possible to recover our soldiers.

Old Dingus
I forgot to add that it has been made public. The whole world knows and the clock is ticking. I put this in there so a certain kind of president could just choose to do nothing. A decision has to be made.
Blame Bush ...LOL
  • WTF
  • 05-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Instead of dreaming up shit in your fantasy world...how about you COG and a few others try living in reality!
is Vietnam still even hostile towards the US?
is Vietnam still even hostile towards the US? Originally Posted by JCM800
No.

We do lots of business with them.

Trade. Tourism.
  • CJ7
  • 05-28-2013, 02:06 PM
shock and awe for 24 hrs ... works every time

eos
No.

We do lots of business with them.

Trade. Tourism. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
Pho and Banh Mi are pretty delicious!
Pho and Banh Mi are pretty delicious! Originally Posted by jbravo_123
Furniture, shoes, clothes.

And yeah, pho is pretty tasty.
Yes, there will be more. I was watching some of the Memorial Day movies this weekend and I want to pose a question; if you were the POTUS and absolute proof came about that showed Vietnam was still holding American POWs after 40 years, lets say the proof is a living POW from a camp in the outskirts of civilization, what would be your reaction and resulting orders? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
First and foremost, I would need a source other than you, Hanoi James, I B Lying & Crying, IIffy or Trendy (in other words at least a half assed legitimate source) before I would pay the least bit of attention to it.

Quite frankly, the track record of you and the rest of our resident Eccie Sandbox Wing-Nuts (and your outlandish conspiracy theories) is seriously lacking!
This weak bullshit is more like, "When did you stop beating your wife?" and other "gotcha" riddles dreamed up in some half-assed delusional state. They serve no purpose other than to stroke Corneyhole's 1.3mm of "dangling comedy."
I forgot to add that it has been made public. The whole world knows and the clock is ticking. I put this in there so a certain kind of president could just choose to do nothing. A decision has to be made. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
If it has been 40 years, the clock isn't ticking.

The hypothetical is ridiculous. Holding prisoners costs money - just look at Guantanamo. So why would VN hold them for 40 years in the first place? Why wouldn't they just kill them if they didn't want them to go free?

But, if somehow it can be proven that they have Americans still captive, then we demand them back.

What is Vietnam going to say? "No, we want the hold them just for spite, even though we signed a peace treaty?"

Your hypothetical is based on the assumption that in 40 years, no one with a shred of decency ever was in position to either let the prinsoners go free or spill the beans to the US and the international community. I dont' buy the hypothetical.
You people comment about me even when I haven't posted in a thread. Interesting.

Just for continuity, I'd block all imports until they give them up. I would continue to block imports until all in authority who knew they were there were arrested and tried.