Question for the Mods and a Poll for everyone! Share your thoughts on Racists!

It would seem that I pissed off some of the Houston boyz. That's why they are here posting including the Love Bunny himself... WAKEUP

I noticed something that totally blew me away! The most racist thread ever posted by MR WONDERFUL.... Wakeup.

Here is the thread:

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1892037

I'm about 110% sure if I posted something like that I'd be pointed or banned. And I'd expect it.

Wakeup on the other hand gets away with it. Now maybe one of his mod buddies gave him a warning so no one could do anything else but the big question is why are the Mods and Admins allowing a thread like that to stay up?

Austin Mods please chime in. If that thread was posted here would that be except-able? Would it stay up or removed and placed in the recycle bind?

Next question... Wakeup claims he is a MOD. Now it's understood Mods are volunteer board members and can post just like the rest of us? How is it a staff member / Mod can posts racist threads like this and still be a MOD?

Share your thoughts!
Why is this important to Austin? Looks to me Houston issue.

Sam
It read like satire to me. I'm 1/2 Mexican and wasn't offended
We are not the only ones who pay protection money to management.
It read like satire to me. I'm 1/2 Mexican and wasn't offended Originally Posted by Alcar0314
Your right! A racist satire. Glad your ok with it.
The answer to your question lies a couple of places

rac·ist
/ˈrāsəst/

noun a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

adjective showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another.

Let's discuss the racist as a noun first. In this case I have to go with Wakeup does not fit the definition of being a racist. Why? Because although Wakeup is white it is NOT his contention in the thread thatWhote People are superior, simply that HE is superior to all others.

As an adjective I do not see racist applying for the following reason. The satirical presentation deals more with a class of people, BackPage Johns, Whores and their Pimps, and their inferiority to ECCIE Johns, Whores and their Pimps.

Until Backpage Johns, Whores and their Pimps gain recognition as a class there is nothing here other than a satirical presentation of an issue presented in a much more open and tolerant region of the board.

On another note..... To ask a question of staff in Austin CoEd is an exercise in futility.... Especially if you want them to comment on a Houston thread..... It seems rather obvious they have abandoned the forum except for the most serious of offenses......

Houston is a far different place to post in than any other forum on the board. It probably reflects to a greater degree the tolerances of owners that may not be seen in other areas.

You will have much greater luck bringing Houston style threads to Austin than to inject the prudish nature of Austinites on the Houston community
I see nothing wrong with it. Some people are too politically correct now days. Also we are not created equally, no matter what they taught you in school.
Reading the thread was educational as well.... I learned something new....

Now if someone can point me to where I can find a faggot to burn in my fireplace.....
I know where you are coming from but you already know the answers.

The guidelines are subjective. Everyone including you and Whispers don't even have a problem with outing depending on the situation.

All of us on Eccie decide if outing is bad based upon the situation and if it's deserved. We decide on other things as well.
That was racist. I feel bad that it made me laugh. Ty sl.
Have you thought about asking in Mississippi?
Have you thought about asking in Mississippi? Originally Posted by JohnnyYanks
Not at all! But I am watching members post to see where they stand on racism !
I meant the forum, not the state. From what I've heard, they run a tight ship over there.
I meant the forum, not the state. From what I've heard, they run a tight ship over there. Originally Posted by JohnnyYanks
We know exactly what you meant just like Wakeups post!
Sorry, just trying to be helpful. You seem to want someone to agree with you -- I expect that's a good place to start.

And, because they've recently been "on the wheel," they might agree with you while doing nothing to you. Wouldn't that be a Win Win?